What is a good vertical for me to get started with?
    I've been approved by a few companies, and i'm looking to start designing sites and buying a few domains, but i'm not sure which ones have high success rates.

I was thinking education, but theres not many around.

How about Pay Day Loans, is that a good area to get involved with?

Sub prime finance is very profitable. This includes payday, credit cards, prepaid cards, auto finance, fee-based products, etc. There is a ton of affiliate marketing money to be made by good affiliates but also a lot of competitors trying to vie for that $$$. Right now (early 4th quarter) volumes and competition are heating up as we're entering busy season.

So there are two ways you can look at it - now is a great time to start because of demand, or now is a horrible time to start because of competition.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

The best products to market are things that you feel most comfortable writing about. The success of your site varies with the amount of interesting accurate content that you can add (without using wikipedia, heh).

Rather than looking for products that others have built success with you can choose a product and make it successful. No one can tell you what product or vertical you can succeed with, and you might not have success with a "high success rate" program. If there was a way to do that we would all be only promoting one thing

The success of your campaign will be determined by you rather than the product.

X

ABW Ambassador
    Stick to what you know. Don't worry about what other people are promoting. Write a site about something that you can write about, not what is profitable to others.

Pretty much anything can be profitible if done the right way.

What are you interested in? Many affiliates find that building sites around things for which they have a true passion is the best way to produce a quality site and put in the work it takes to make it good.

What problems can you solve? Think about your own frustrations, or look around to find what frustrates others. What have you tried to research that was much more difficult than it should have been? Look for trends of people asking "how do I..." or "what is the best way to..." and find the answers.

For instance, perhaps you're a family of five and you have a hard time finding hotels that allow five people in a room (or rooms that accommodate five for a reasonable rate). Pick a good domain (like FiveCanStay.com, which is available!). Do the research. Find hotel merchants with an API so you can have fresh information. Build the site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

In terms of making websites: do what you love the money will follow, and if the doesn't follow at least you enjoyed creating the sites

I wouldn't invest in really expensive hosting unless there's already a proven demand & return for money.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Find an area with low competition, in regards to other affiliates, products, or merchants (or all three). But with some decent demand for the product.

If the competition is too strong, you will likely get discouraged and quit.

My best producers over the years were things that I knew next to nothing about when I started. When the checks start coming in, that motivates my interest in the subject of my site!

i realize this will seem @ss-backwards for many people
    Last edited by simcat; October 23rd, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by CuGiNi
    I've been approved by a few companies, and i'm looking to start designing sites and buying a few domains, but i'm not sure which ones have high success rates.

I was thinking education, but theres not many around.

How about Pay Day Loans, is that a good area to get involved with?
    CG

Go after the one you are passionate about. No matter what it is. No point in losing interest after going for 8 years and only a dozen sales.

Find something you can stick with.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    CuGiNi, all of the above and when you figure the niche you want search the forum for programs. The best thing you can do is develop a relationship with the AM/OPM and ask them what is selling best.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    For instance, perhaps you're a family of five and you have a hard time finding hotels that allow five people in a room (or rooms that accommodate five for a reasonable rate). Pick a good domain (like FiveCanStay.com, which is available!). Do the research. Find hotel merchants with an API so you can have fresh information. Build the site.
    Wow, concept, target and domain name all in one. Very generous!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    Find an area with low competition, in regards to other affiliates, products, or merchants (or all three). But with some decent demand for the product. [/i]
    A bit of a catch 22 here. If a product has decent demand, the competition is also in scale. I don't avoid competition but look at it as an opportunity to lead and let those who compete find ways to follow.

However, to answer the question about what you should promote, I'd say that diabetic testing supplies and jewelry are excellent choices. I hear there is a merchant here who has programs for both, and his staff are excellent folks to work with!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I like to focus on big markets that aren't going to have too much of a downturn even in a recession - which for me rules out fashion, jewelry, novelty stuff, and things that don't serve a deep "need" for people. I like to work on the weight loss niche because there is so much money to be made there. You can focus on a small subniche within weight loss or fitness and do very well. Go where the money is being spent and carve out a tiny portion for yourself targeting less competitive keyphrases.

Dan

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread