Problem with WebMerge
    I received this error message when I tried to generate detail pages:

Error processing record 0:
    (Field named in Detail template not found in source data: ")

I am very sure that the field names are correct but I am stuck to find the underlying issues.

Could someone help?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    your names don't match.

did you change anything without reloading webmerge?

make sure your template has been saved as well

I closed the WebMerge and re-opened it again...starting fresh and the problem still appears.

It is interesting that I did not have this problem with old version (version 2.4).

I installed version 2.5 beta and found this issue

I uninstalled version 2.5 beta, and installed 2.4.2 and found this issue

I uninstalled version 2.4.2 and installed version 2.4 ....interestingly, this time version 2.4 says there is a problem whereas it was not a problem..

It is just weird !!!

ABW Ambassador
    do you have other templates that do't work? or just that one?

I use different template even using simple ones using notepad, which contains only the following WF fields without additional HTML codes:

[WM-Field: NAME]
    [WM-Field: DESCRIPTION]
    [WM-Field: BUYURL]

The problem is still there....am I getting corrupted WebMerge?

ABW Ambassador
    'Field named in Detail template not found in source data'

this means that your data does not contain the name indicated in the webmerge code.

make sure your titles match

Affiliate Manager
    If the behavior of your v2.4 installation changed, chances are something in the settings changed.

As Julian noted, this error occurs when WebMerge is unable to find a field in the source data which is named in a WM-Field tag in your template.

One reason this can happen is that WebMerge is parsing the source file differently, such as when delimiters may have changed, so that there may well be a field with the expected name but WebMerge just can't find it.

If this hunch is what's happening, it may have been that v2.5 has a bug which may be altering the delimiters when loading a settings file made with an earlier version. I haven't yet had a report like that, but that's what public beta tests are for, to find anomalies like this, and perhaps you found it.

To verify this hunch, double-check the delimiters in the Sources tab, taking note of the preview area below them to see that the data is being parsed as expected.

One potentially tricky option is the "Text values are in quotes" checkbox, which is valuable for data sets where that's true, but can cause a bad parsing when applied to data sets where that's not true.

Ideally, check this out in v2.5 first to see if you are able to resolve this. If you can get a good run there, try saving the file, the quitting, then re-launching and reloading the settings file and let me know if any of the delimiter options have changed since the last save. If so it'll be an easy fix. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere for the source of the trouble.

In the meantime I'll do more testing on that here to see what I can dig up. Thus far my own testing has run all legacy files well, but I may not be working with sources in the same format as yours. What are the delimiters in your source file, and are text values quoted there?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread