Question FedEx delivery - direct signature question
    Did anyone get a FedEx delivery requesting your signature for something related to ad:tech??
    I'm trying to figure out why FedEx is trying to obtain my signature to deliver a package. I certainly am not expecting anything.

FedEx always comes to my building when I am not here.
    I have not ordered anything requiring FedEx nor do I think any of my friends, relatives, or secret lovers would send me something via FedEx at this time. No one sends me anything near Halloween, people wait until it's close to Christmas if they send anything.

I remember once in my past I missed all the FedEx attempts to deliver something which necessitated a special trip to the FedEx station -- when I got there I received "a piece of junk" that related to a different type of trade show I was attending back then.
    All that effort (going out of my way to the station) for naught

So now I wonder if any company related in any way to ad:tech is sending stuff out to people? Otherwise I have no idea why FedEx is trying to deliver something I have to sign to receive.
    I registered with ad:tech but in the past no one sent me something via FedEx.
    If it's not related to a trade show promotion and it's not from my offline friends or family, heck, maybe I do have a secret lover

2 attempted deliveries so far & 1 left -- I wish I could just sign and say "please leave it with the Super."
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 23rd, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

with the tracking number you should be able to call fedex (800-gofedex) and see who sent it. You might even be able to use the fedex website to see what city it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries
    with the tracking number you should be able to call fedex (800-gofedex) and see who sent it. You might even be able to use the fedex website to see what city it came from.
    Thanks, but I wasn't given a tracking #

I was really wondering who would send me a package at this time?
    Usually people in my life tell me when a package is on the way.

About 8 years ago I was involved in another industry that had trade shows. Some entity related to that trade shows sent me something via FedEx; I remember joking with my aunt that I made the effort to go all the way to a FedEx station just to pick up what I labeled as "a piece of junk" -- I was wondering if this type of thing could happen again? Sign for a promotional item?

At the final attempt I'll either be here (that never happens for deliveries) or I will have to drive to the FedEx building to get it (a hassle for me).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

There were fake emails going around that are purportedly from FedEx. I haven't seen one for a while but it seems like there was an executable attachment. Whatever you do, don't run it.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    There are fake emails going around that are purportedly from FedEx. I haven't seen one for a while but it seems like there was an executable attachment. Whatever you do, don't run it.
    Thanks for that warning.

These were the real door tags. The first left under my door, the second left in the front vestibule of the building where I live.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Wow, one track mind! I was seeing email.

By all means, take delivery. You never know what surprise awaits...

X

Wow, one track mind! I was seeing email.

By all means, take delivery. You never know what surprise awaits...
    Do you know the American folk song, "There's a Hole in My Bucket, Dear Liza..."?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_in_the_bucket

It seems as if I am never here to take delivery

I prefer to have packages left with my Superintendent.

If I miss the FedEx delivery person I'll have to go to the FedEx station.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Would the super sign for it? It doesn't matter to FedEx who signs. If your cat could sign, that would be fine with them...

X

thats very wierd, normally when fedex leaves a notice that they could not deliver a package it has a number attached, sometimes its the actual tracking number sometimes a seperate referance number.

If no number was left the fedex agents ( 800 number) can do a reverse lookup based on your address, I'm not sure if they actually enter the address or scan online through all the packages that didn't get delivered for the local station.

For most residential deliveries the driver will leave the package unless it's signature required or the area is not secure (apartment complexes or areas where a lot of packages have disappeared) it's up to the driver.

A note on the door can re-route most packages unless it's the "direct signature required" type, (legal documents), but that will only work if its someplace very very close (same driver same route and has not already eeen to that part of the route). Some of the FedEx door notes have a place on the back for a signature, if not you could always make one up.

I sent several thousand packages overnight last year, apartment complexes were always rough and some of the unit managers would not sign for them.

Would the super sign for it? It doesn't matter to FedEx who signs. If your cat could sign, that would be fine with them...
    The Super only collects packages when I leave a note: "please leave with the Super"

This is funny: the tag asks for a "direct signature" and an "adult signature"

I have no idea what this is
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ah, and it comes in a plain brown wrapper? Oh Rhia!

X

I sent several thousand packages overnight last year, apartment complexes were always rough and some of the unit managers would not sign for them.
    Bingo: I live in an apartment.

I always have trouble with FedEx. I know LL Bean and last year Fig Leaves shipped via FedEx. Last year FedEx left my Fig Leaves package outside of the locked portion of the building [the open glass vestibule where anyone could have taken the package -- I was really annoyed by that ]

Last year the Fig Leaves package was ordered by me so I had the tracking # & I was following it on the Internet like a hawk. I found it in the open vestibule and was annoyed.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ah, and it comes in a plain brown wrapper? Oh Rhia!
    Wouldn't that be funny?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

the current regs with fedex are no signature required by default for residential deliveries, the shipper pays extra for 1) any signature or 2) adult signature [example: booze delivery] or 3) direct signature [example: legal documents]

They paid extra for the direct signature option, it means no one else can sign for it but you.

it's probably the city with a notice it was built without a building permit... and they'll be out to tear it down next week. (teasing)

I'm not sure how late the 800 number is open, but you could try to give them a call and see who sent it, since it's 'direct signature required' you probably don't want to let it bounce back to the station again.

Good luck
    Last edited by CCBerries; October 24th, 2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: I can't spell

well if the place is paid off it's probably the city with a notice it was built without a building permit... and they'll be out to tear it down next week.
    You must think I live in a shanty

The only legal deal I'm involved in at the moment is a payoff -- I was mailed items but I wasn't told to expect anything from FedEx -- maybe that's what it is.

Hey, I'm always hopeful that it's something from a secret lover

I once had a "secret lover" [well I didn't tell my relatives at least for a while] from the UK -- and the relationship was best while it was distant He used to send me presents but not via FedEx

I have another "distant one" in the U.S. that I know (already) and could easily meet (again) but we've stayed distant now for over a year -- so much fun -- we're building up the anticipation -- his e-mails can be witty
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 24th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

shanty? na, apartments/condos and the rest can come in at all price levels.

My parents condo was bigger and cost a lot more than my 4 bedroom house (but I have a basement... and will not wash away when the next storm hits St. Pete).

Hopefully it's not something perishable with a bottle of booze as a followup (the perishable part would be shot by now), guess you'll find out tommorow

Hopefully it's not something perishable with a bottle of booze as a followup (the perishable part would be shot by now), guess you'll find out tommorow
    I don't know who would send me a bottle of booze -- usually secret lovers want to share the bottle in person
    My parents know better than to send me a bottle of booze
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I have another "distant one" in the U.S. that I know (already) and could easily meet (again) but we've stayed distant now for over a year -- so much fun -- we're building up the anticipation -- his e-mails can be witty
    I'm getting closer to this one

Oh, Alas, it is always so close and yet so far

I wish he would FedEx me something, that would be fun
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

3) direct signature [example: legal documents]
    They paid extra for the direct signature option, it means no one else can sign for it but you.
    You guessed right.
    It wasn't junk this time -- it was a packet of legal documents
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I receieved a Fed ex delivery that required a adult signature, marlboro sent me Cigarettes, and a invite to a racing thingy. I gave the smokes to me mother and I went racing!
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Jodyq: had you signed a slip of paper at a shopping mall [or some other commercial place -- i.e. supermarket] indicating you were interested in smoking? Or did you indicate somehow commercially that you were interested in attending races?
    How do you think they got your name & address?

Since I've always been a non-smoker I'd be very annoyed to get a promotion from a cigarette company unless they gave me a free vacation to Spain -- then it would be okay
    But I would never pick up one of their cigarettes, I would even pass up being a model in an advertisement because I made a promise to someone when I was 13 years old that I would never pick up a cigarette and I've been faithful to that promise.

I'm glad I didn't get a promotion via "signature only FedEx" (like I did 8 years ago)

I like ad:tech promotions [and any other trade show promotion or any promotion in general] via United States Postal Service [preferably without having to sign anything] or via my e-mail address -- that's fine with me

Please note: it's okay for a past, current, or future lover [secret or otherwise] to send me something via FedEx -- that's okay
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 24th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I am pretty sure I signed a Win This 2010 Lexus You know the Car in the Middle of the Mall, that no one will win. Or my mother signed me up so she could get the coupons and such
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    Win This 2010 Lexus You know the Car in the Middle of the Mall
    Funny that the entry would be shared with a cigarette company [unless previously stated that a group of companies were bundled in the deal] -- those types of 'contests' are often connected to time sharing, not cigarettes.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

The simplest answer would be to call FedEx. If the slip left at your door appears to be a FedEx slip and the number to call on the slip matches the one given by FedEx than this should be no problem. OTOH if you are suspicious and were not expecting a delivery you could simply ignore it.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread