Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All,

I've had lengthy conversations with Alessandro Isolani (CEO) of eBates and we have come to a truly symbiotic resolution to any parasitic issue.

On or about Tuesday we will have a form/trouble ticket system [protected by ABW] wherein affiliates will be able to submit trouble tickets and evidence of any/all glitches that show that the application is overwriting, or otherwise redirecting traffic, but more importantly ... it has Alessandro's promise to resolve it, not in sixty days but immediately.

This form will be open to all to submit any screenshots, movies or whatever indications of any possible parasitic activity. Alessandro promised me that he will do whatever he needs to needs to be done to ensure that his app (MMM) is not encroaching on any affiliate traffic pursuant to the CoC or the LS addendum.

This is another good day in Affiliate marketing, I consider it another win for us all and I look forward to initiating this on Tuesday.

ABW!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

WTG Haiko.. now all we need is the proof

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

great news. It's great that Alessandro Isolani from ebates is willing to step up and make sure there software isn't overwriting affiliate links and is willing to get us to submit any tests and screenshots of possible overwriting.

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/parasiteware.html"target="_blank">Fight parasiteware!<a>

"Do what you love and make money in the process. Turn your knowledge into income."

Good work Haiko!

This sounds like very good news. I hope Mr. Isolani will do everything he says he will. I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, as it was about this time a year ago (exactly - to the day!) when I hoped that the meeting that spawned the CoC would allow all of us to compete in the marketplace fairly.

Needless to say, here we are a year later, and we all know what's happened in the meantime.

Kudos to you, Haiko, and to Ebates for taking this very big step in the right direction. I hope this will be a workable situation for all concerned.

Andy

OMG - that's wonderful!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

ABW Ambassador
    But it still will pop at the merchant site for the traffic i send? Or does it recognize the traffic is via an affiliate link and won't pop? If it still pops at the merchant site, then this isn't really a big deal then right? You can program software to recognize traffic is via an affiliate link and not to pop at merchant site, like Neil Durrant is testing with his software: "it was commissioned with the key specification that it needed the ability to recognise affiliate links."

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on November 07, 2003 at 07:22 PM.]

No.1,

They don't want any affiliate traffic being overwritten so whatever ideas or thrusts towards this are welcomed and will be pursued as viable results. Post away!

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Little confused. Overwritting and redirected traffic being different from popping on merchant site? Just trying to be clear of what the resolution is. If someone clicks my affiliate link will there still be a pop at the merchant site? It's supposed to pop at merchant site via a direct url type in, does it now recognize affiliate traffic and not pop or still does?

That's when i'll be happy and what i want and what i think affiliates want (maybe i'm wrong) For the software to recognize affliate traffic and not pop at the merchant site.

On an properly coded affiliate link (if need be) nothing should happen, cookied returns are an issue that you should post in this new form on Tuesday.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    "properly coded affiliate link"

What't that mean? I copy and paste whatever code there is when i hit the Get HTML button. When you say properly coded affliate link are you talking about the copy and paste code we get when we hit Get HTML for a link or are you talking about us having to add something to the link like affrc, forgot what is was.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

I am a little rusty on my parasitic practice.

So do companies who develop these programs sell their software to other individuals and companies who then turn them into parasitic critters?

Still trying to catch.

Thanks in advance,

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Congrats Haiko, very good job at getting them to recognize anything what-so-ever .. let alone interact with a "form/trouble ticket system [protected by ABW]".

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    "properly coded affiliate link"

What't that mean? I copy and paste whatever code there is when i hit the Get HTML button. When you say properly coded affliate link are you talking about the copy and paste code we get when we hit Get HTML for a link or are you talking about us having to add something to the link like affrc, forgot what is was.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was talking about server side redirects, the cut and paste code is already protected.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, will dl the MMM on my gf's computer when she is at work Tuesday and test it out. I was thinking it worked differently. So right now it doesn't pop at the merchant site from the initial click from an affiliate link but if the user goes back to the merchant, then it does, thats what you mean when you said "cookied returns are an issue"? And the glitches were when they popped at the merchant site from the initial click?

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on November 07, 2003 at 08:45 PM.]

So, we send are website url's to ebates as proof of overwriting, or are they just supposed to take your word for it?

ABW Ambassador
    so they think overwriting just like accident "oopss sorry our MMM overwriting we'll fix it as soon as possible ".
    its hard to believe them

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

Z,

They will fix it!

</font></p>

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >I was talking about server side redirects,
    >the cut and paste code is already
    >protected.

So they see a qksrv.net link on a page and ignore it, but if I have something else - say example.com/sendmetoamazon , I have to add that afrsc=1 onto the end of it?

The only problem I have with this is that it then turns into a dynamic link, and they may be rated differently by SE's.

qksrv links (at least the standard ones) aren't dynamic.

How about getting them to also look for a text stream WITHIN the filesystem part of the URL - like example.com/noebates/sendmetoamazon

Obviously "noebate" wouldn't be suitable, maybe "afsrc" ?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Drewbert,

With the new discussions and promise from Alessandro your issue can easily be fixed ... make sure to fill out a ticket on Tuesday.

</font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good test bed would be EcomCity.com as I don't modify any network links, no use of frames, and do have some of the major parasite friendly brands there. Love to see eBates come clean but have a feeling it's just another Wurldmedia fiasco all over again. Networks are completely mute on taking any steps to pinpoint the Dupers using download applications.

eBates must be one of 200 infested BHO's out there as the 3rd world programmers crank out more of this crap from their cash lined caves or cages. My major hope is that MS will unplug the whole damn group of them regardless of any CoC smoke and mirrors.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    So, we send are website url's to ebates as proof of overwriting, or are they just supposed to take your word for it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello, anyone?

Awesome news!!! WOWEE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Good test bed would be EcomCity.com as I don't modify any network links, no use of frames, and do have some of the major parasite friendly brands there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't there a recent thread floating around with some sort of sites listed from an ebates exclusion list? I also believe that ecomcity was listed on that site as well so that might skew the test results there (of the list was what it was said to be).

Why would ebates need or use an exclusion list if they have intentions of not overwriting links? Something doesn't add up to me.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

What am I missing? Is Ebates under commercial pressure to comply? Why now are they coming to the table? I don't doubt the sincerity of your discussions but businesses do not give something away unless there are very good reasons to do so. Do you think this is related to the conference you recently attended?

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast