New merchant needing to find affiliates help
    Hi my name is Jason I am new here I am the owner of a growing dropshipping/wholesale community and I am very interested in finding affiliates for my website but I do not know where to go if I google the word affiliate it brings back search results more geared for the affiliates not the merchants and I would love to sign up and make us all some money any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Lightbulb Affiliate recruitment
    Hi Jason...This is Phil and I have recently embarked on dropshipping as well. I guess I echo your viewpoint on this subject and am looking at suggestions too as to which is a good way for recruiting affiliates and marketers. I though have tried loads of B2B sites where one can post and let affiliates or website owners who are looking out for similar products find you. I was just reading a few articles in this forum and I think it is best to advertise your sites in as many places as you can. Although it will be great to get some advise from Pros in this business.

Rethink your search methods. Don't think about who you want to find but what sites promote similar products or services. If you want to find sites that promote "affiliate" then search for "affiliate". If you want to find sites that promote "dropshipping" then search for that.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Search refine
    Thanks Greg. Yeah but I am the shipper or merchant and I want to invite the affiliates then how would I search. As Jason says....if you type in affiliates then we get a whole load of sites that are looking also for affiliates....if we search for dropshipping we find all the shippers so how do I find for people looking for shippers and those looking for good affiliate programs...Thanks for the feeder in advance

Quote Originally Posted by pvtsky
    ....if we search for dropshipping we find all the shippers so how do I find for people looking for shippers and those looking for good affiliate programs...Thanks for the feeder in advance
    Don't assume that they are all dropshippers. Eliminate the dropshippers you know by name and start clicking through to the other sites. I just did and found several affiliate sites.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I assume that once you get the sites then one contacts through the wenbsite itself or if there is an email id then send an offer. I thoguh saw articles that said it was not a good idea to keep sending emails as that may not be viewed correctly. Is that so! or this is say one of the many methods..as ofcourse there may be...

If I have a website and I dont have an affiliate program as such but wish to invite affiliates and I provide them templates or secured processing links from their sites does that work as well Or rather is it advisable to have an affiliate program as well...

See this thread that's going on right now: How to invite an affiliate?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    All of the above. Take a look at the top 50 sites in Google/Yahoo/MSN/ASk and also the PPC advertisers. You will need to setup a contact manager and expect that this may take 6 months. Look at your competitors affiliate offers and make sure you have something compelling. Start contacting by using email addresses and contact us forms from the site. Since you can expect up to 7 attempts before you get a response you need to schedule follow-ups.

Also create Google alerts for all of your trademarks and competitors trademarks. Try the free trial for PoachMark and use the White List to filter your own results.

wow Chuck that's a great msg for me to chew on....what's a contact manager? also Poachmark could you elaborate...sry I may sound a bit dumb here

rematt thanks a ton....I went through the entire post and am trying to invent myways through this....there seems to be a great load of brilliant thoughts and minds on this site...truly

You can use a spreadsheet to setup a contact manager but I use ACT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_manager

http://www.brandverity.com/

Another idea to follow up on what Chuck said about competitors is to search who links to your competitors as this might help you find your most relevant affiliates. Try typing in link: www.example.com or links: example.com. You should be able to find a good list of who links to your competitors and most likely some good sites that are already set up to be an affiliate for your products. Hope this helps, good luck!

Hiya David tried www.example.com no luck....could you give me more feelers on that....Chuck...I looked up Brandverity seems like a good option...any experiences in using that ....cheers

Lol, sorry I should have specified. You would replace example.com with your competitors domain name like abestweb.com.

eeeps ))) thanks mate....will try the stuff out today...Looks like Have a long way ahead

Chuck...I looked up Brandverity seems like a good option...any experiences in using that ....cheers
    Yes, run the daily reports and filter the results by adding sites to the white list. Watch for the sites that show affiliate ID's.

Thanks everyone

I am still confused about this affiliate thing though and are you saying that it will take up to 6 mos to get it going??

Yo Jason....It depends mate....it takes time and that's fo sho....I guess what everyone is saying is consistency in approach and well above all knowing what to expect....I have been trying out suggestions like checking links to competitors sites as also scheduling contacts....will be working on it

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread