Weird Bid Result AdWords
    Bid is below first page bid estimate of $0.30
    Now at .30 I had position 2.7 for [my good phrase]. Now I wanted to bid it down, but .29 gives the above warning and no impressions even on the second page. Is that normal?

All mourning no impressions for my keyword at a bid of.29. I upped the bid to .30 when I made the first post an hour ago, and now 1 impression and 1 click at .30. My position is 3. I may have to give G a call to figure this out.

Is that normal?
    Yes, with the new quality score and first page bid estimates, the results are odd like that. There is still a minimum bid to show the ad but the minimum bid is no longer visible. A keyword with a great quality score does not seem to have a minimum bid. Keywords with OK or Poor have minimum bids to show. And with Poor, even when the minimum is met, "Ads rarely show due to low quality score."

I would be interested to hear how Google explains it to you. The above is what I have gleaned from observation over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    I would be interested to hear how Google explains it to you. The above is what I have gleaned from observation over the last few weeks.
    The Google support lady said that everything looked OK on my side. She didn't see any reason why it would do what it was doing, but that low number of searches for the keyword probably was the cause. She said give it a little more time and call back if it didn't straighten out.

It's a new test campaign and ad group, but she said that wouldn't affect what I was seeing. Later my keyword went to poor and I had to improve the landing page a little. Seems good for now, but after it runs a few days I will try to drop the bid again and see what happens.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread