Dead links
    Hey everyone.

I'm new to Linkshare and it has been a complete nightmare ever since I started. I used the LinkBuilder for my links so that I could create individual product references. They worked at first, but today I realize that every single link is dead. They no longer lead to the desired page, but the merchant's home page instead.

Since they worked fine a couple days ago, I'm assuming it's another Linkshare glitch. Have any of you had this problem recently?

I sent a letter to the support team, but they haven't replied. Just loading the stupid site takes a good 15 minutes sometimes, and having to rewrite all my links would be a huge pain for me. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
    D

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Deeje and Welcome to ABW -

Are the links for just one merchant or a mixture of merchants?

If just one merchant, it's possible that the merchant has updated their datafeed and messed it up there. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.

You might want to e-mail the merchant/affiliate manager to see what the problem is.

Also, you might want to list the merchant so others can see if they are having the same issue.

Not much help but it might help narrow what the problem is.

I really appreciate the response. I suppose it would make more sense that it's the merchant datafeed. I just assumed it was a Linkshare issue because of the other problems I've had with the site.

The merchant is Tigerdirect.com and it's the only one I'm with through Linkshare. I'll talk to some people at Tiger and see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks again : )

ABW Ambassador
    No problem, hope it all gets sorted out for you and YES the Linkshare interface is a real pain to work with.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread