Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Cool LinkShare Symposium West 2009
    This is going down starting January 22nd at The Palace Hotel in San Francisco. I'm all signed up and this will be my first LinkShare event. The wonderful thing about it being in SF is that the only travel I'll have to do will be across the bridge!

Anyone else planning on attending?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    You will enjoy yourself.
    Try to attend their parties. Some are by invitation only.

They know how to throw a party and have people (aff and merchants) mingle. It was a great event when I attended. SF is a great city too!!!

I did sign up for the after party - should be fun!

Not sure yet if I am going since Summit is shortly before. I did way too much travel this fall and it burned me out.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Not sure yet if I am going since Summit is shortly before. I did way too much travel this fall and it burned me out.
    Aww but this ones in my hood (kinda)! That's okay, I'm sure I'll connect with most people at summit before this event anyway.

There will be quite a few people going. Try to organize something as people will pop up from the cracks... all in good fun

It's a great event and a great city, but I'll likely skip this one, for a variety of reasons. Too much travel this year, so I'm trying to cut back next year. Really high airfare. Too close to Affiliate Summit (but not close enough for a combined trip like two years ago). Not necessary for me to go (since my Affiliate Advisory Board group isn't meeting this time).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Does anyone have any tips since this will be my first LinkShare event? I want to at least LOOK like I know what I'm doing there

Identify your goals. What do you want to get accomplish?

Are you looking to penetrate a new vertical. Looking for higher commission, looking to help with conversion.

Find out the Program Manager attending. Prepare some questions.

It's also good to network with the Linkshare personnel. I know that sometimes the support at Linkshare is slow or delayed, but I can personally say that there are individuals at Linkshare that will bend over to help you. i.e. Steve Denton was a person who attended an ABW event that I organized in NYC and reached out to ABW members.

I'm also local for this event, but am wondering if it is worth the registration fee. I don't work a lot of LinkShare advertisers, but am always looking for opportunities. What do you guys think? Worthwhile for a newbie to go and make some connections?

Had to miss it last year - and had been planning ahead to go this year. But in light of the OneCause revelations I will be ending relationships with my (remaining) L/S merchants and will not be attending.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    >>It's a great event and a great city

I don't think so ANYMORE

Does anyone have any tips since this will be my first LinkShare event?
    I have been to the last 2 West Coast Linkshare events but am not planning to attend this year.

My tip is to pre-arrange appointments with anyone you really want to meet with. Like any conference, it is really difficult to locate folks unless they have a table at the networking event. In fact, it is difficult to even know if they are in attendance because attendee lists are not published.

those of you going should get t-shirts that read.

Linkshare a Parasite. The OneCause Conspiracy. Wheres your money going?

I too am not attending this year due to my feelings about OneScam. It's an awesome city and SO much fun stuff to do, but I'd rather spend my resources and money else where. Have fun! Goto the Ben & Jerry's on Haight and Ashberry and have a scoop of Fish Food for me =)

Anyone planning on staying at The Palace (the convention hotel), you can get a considerably better rate ($146 vs. $219) by booking directly with the Holiday Getaway promotion (code DECEMB).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Boycotting this event and telling Linkshare you are is a great way to send a message about the OneCause issue.

I'll go to my first linkshare, I will even sport the Tshirt, I only support one Linkshare merchant but I would like to know more about others and their stand on the OneScam issue. Ok I have gtg time to design my tshirt, anyone know any good tshirt design companies out there? I would like it to stand out.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    I would like to know more about others and their stand on the OneScam issue.
    Read to your heart's desire.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=112872

I know! Face to Face Communication is wonderful though maybe I will find some merchants not affiliated that are geared to my niche that I had no clue as to what they were! But I am serious I will sport the tshirt Idea.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Jodyq,
    If do go then you can come back and tell us what the 3rd sentence under Bills name is all about. Starts with "Web browsing behavior " in todays email from LS.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

maybe I will find some merchants not affiliated that are geared to my niche that I had no clue as to what they were!
    I think I'll just wait for those great merchants to get out of the muck first.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    I think I'll just wait for those great merchants to get out of the muck first.
    Good idea. There are literally thousands of merchants already in networks known to be clean. I certainly wouldn't want to "plug" ShareASale, Buy.at and AvantLink in this Linkshare thread - so I won't. They (and LinkShare) will all be at Affiliate Summit in January.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Funny, LS keeps sending out these emails extending their $100 off registration deal for the Symposium. First the deadline was Dec 15th, then the 31st, now Jan 5th. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were having a hard time selling tickets.

They may need to pay folks to go, but they've got the deep pockets to do it with. Wouldn't really be a gift since its your money anyway.

Note: "your" does not refer to any individual, rather to all LSaffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast