Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yup I spent 150 bucks on a car fridge, but to my defense it’s my birthday Sunday so I simply just wanted the DAMN thing!

What is the craziest thing you bought with your affiliate money?

ABW Ambassador
    What kind of car is that? VW Phaeton?

Hehe, I wish it was the Phaeton. I'm not ready to put down $88k for a car to cart the (soon to be born) baby around in.

It's a Touareg.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I've never seen a Touareg but sure looks like a NICE car!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Nice, it needs a fridge! Talk to LEADER!

A wild fish from africa for my fish tank

Of course he is still alive ... cost me about 80 bucks ...

LOL

Brian Johnson
    (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

Well this weeks crazy item is a 3 year old horse for my daughters 9th birthday. She already has a 8 year old horse which my wife wants. The new horse will be in the old horses stable this saturday with a huge box tied around her neck

I bought backstage passes and 2nd row seats for my husband and I to the Aerosmith concert last night. Even got to meet Steven Tyler, Joey Kramer and Tom Hamilton. Saw some of the Kiss band members warming up too.

It was my dream come true.......

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Yup I spent 150 bucks on a car fridge, but to my defense it’s my birthday Sunday so I simply just wanted the DAMN thing!

What is the craziest thing you bought with your affiliate money?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bought a used Alfa Romeo Spider last month (The new model, not the classic). It's simply the most beautiful car I think I will ever be able to afford, and it reminds me of the Fiat X-1/9 I had when my wife and I first met many years ago.

Why is it the craziest thing? Because I KNEW it would break down all the time and I bought it anyway. Have to get the wheel bearings replaced next week, and then cross my fingers that it goes a whole month without something else going wrong.

And no, it doesn't even have ROOM for a fridge!

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

[This message was edited by Look4 on November 12, 2003 at 04:40 AM.]

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I downloaded, for 20 bucks, a brain-wave harmonic, that'd hypnotise me to loose weight

Oh, and I don't think it worked

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

ABW Ambassador
    new house with 2 floor in central city
    spend all my saving hope christmas sales will cover it

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

Not that crazy - but we moved into a fantastic place by the sea just outside dublin 5 months ago. If you translated the currency into my native Canadian dollars - the rent we pay here would have given me a heart attack this time 1.5 years ago. Now it is paid for many times over each month.

I bought 3 cases of Nicorette Gum. My quit smoking day is on the 18th of November. Wish me luck.

ABW Ambassador
    It is weird how you look at things and their value.
    We went to the grocery store last night and I asked my wife how much we spent, and she didn't know. She paid without giving the amount a thought. I never paid attention.
    Last year, we would only buy things on special. Now we buy what we want. What a difference.
    We had the car fixed yesterday, and it cost over $800. 3 years ago, we had to scrap a car because it would have cost $500 to fix it, we couldn't afford to pay that kind of money.
    Now, $800 seems such a small amount to pay for the safety of our car.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

For us it was a 2 bedroom condo in Acapulco. My wife agreed because she knew I would be away from the computer for two weeks a year. She doesn't know about the cyber cafe in the hotel next door that's open 24/7. I'm glad she doesn't read the forums here, too.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brianboru:
    I bought 3 cases of Nicorette Gum. My quit smoking day is on the 18th of November. Wish me luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Luck on the 18th the first 3 ays are the worst, walk your butt off ist how I did it. Walk till I was out of breath. Also sleep through as much of it as possible that helps also.

ABW Ambassador
    Although, not crazy it was definitely a messy 6 weeks, but we finished our basement this summer to the max.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REM:
    Although, not crazy it was definitely a messy 6 weeks, but we finished our basement this summer to the max.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey post some photos and make us jealous

I really haven't bought anything crazy, but we have redone our basement, bathroom, replaced all of the windows, paid of some bills in preperation of early retirement , and my favorite, got the bad boy at the top of this page http://www.dodge.com/.

Brianboru, those patches really help, I quit almost two years ago, staying busy really helps.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    It is weird how you look at things and their value.
    We went to the grocery store last night and I asked my wife how much we spent, and she didn't know. She paid without giving the amount a thought. I never paid attention.
    Last year, we would only buy things on special. Now we buy what we want. What a difference.
    We had the car fixed yesterday, and it cost over $800. 3 years ago, we had to scrap a car because it would have cost $500 to fix it, we couldn't afford to pay that kind of money.
    Now, $800 seems such a small amount to pay for the safety of our car.

http://www.cjshoppingnetwork.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can so relate to that. I was just thinking about the same thing. I am not making a huge fortune yet, but we have plenty of 'breathing room' now and I love the feeling.

Our newest splurge (that we never could have done without serious planning without my affilate money) was the gift we bought ourselves for Christmas this year. We purchased a new King Size bed this week and I just ordered all new bedding for it.
    The bed came yesterday and after having a double size bed for 16 years, this is pure heaven! *LOL*

Nothing like a bigger playground!

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    It is like a whole new world opening up. I never thought I would make the kind of money we are making now. We are a LONG way from earning anywhere near the top affiliates, but it is enough to make things easier.
    Sometimes it is really basic stuff that makes a difference.
    Eating what we enjoy eating and not just what we can afford is such an amazing luxury for us.
    A new bed is on our list. The list gets longer all the time

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    This isn't exactly a "thing" but my husband quit his job to become a student again.

I like to say that my affiliate income is sponsoring his midlife crisis!

ABW Ambassador
    As someone who was fortunate enough to have parents who were able to pay for me to go to college and graduate school, I think that is terrific Bbuckworks, hat your husband is now able to go back to school. That is probably the best use of the money. Most people dream of doing that and never do.

I will try for pics, but I don't know how to do them (that's my hubbies job ).

For those of you who bought what you wanted...what is the next 'crazy' thing you'd like to spend/save the money for?

"For those of you who bought what you wanted...what is the next 'crazy' thing you'd like to spend/save the money for?"

A high-class hooker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast