OK we all hear about how the economy is great and how online sales are growing big time (personally my sales are at an all time high). But I just came across the following article, CLICK HERE, which states,

"The record-setting pace of new personal bankruptcies continued in the 12 months ending Sept. 30, with their number rising 7.8 percent, according to data released Friday. Personal bankruptcies jumped to 1,625,813 from 1,508,578 during the same period a year earlier."

So how bad are things in the real world???

ABW Ambassador
    The US economy is not so great. That much is clear. It is not bad either.

Our elected officials have done such a great job looking after our best interests, haven't they?

I'm not talking about Democrats, nor am I talking about Republicans. I'm talking about ALL OF THEM!

They bicker, argue, fuss, and all seem to have their own agenda based on which lobbyist or special interest group has the biggest wallet at that particular moment in time. They drive while intoxicated, lie, cheat, and steal, and THEY GET AWAY WITH IT!

IT'S DISGUSTING! While the bickering goes on, people are losing their jobs to overseas companies with deplorable working conditions.

Americans are paying huge prices for prescription drugs, and the government won't let us have access to the lower priced drugs.

We've started a war that seems like it will never end.

We're sending money overseas to correct problems that plague our own country, but nothing is being done to correct the situation HERE.

And on, and on, and on...

I'm ashamed of the people we've elected to serve us. They serve only themselves. And we wonder why the parasites get away with what they do!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    You are right, Andy. I am also very disgusted with politicians! Like parasites indeed.

What’s that guy on TV with all the ? Question marks on his suit, he’s selling a book about how to get the government to pay for everything.

If our government really is giving away all that money why are we in debt?

I did join a group called Citizens Against Government Waste. They always beg for money, I gave once and that’s it. But I do sign petitions I believe in, in the hope eventually Citizens against Government waste will actually have a voice one day.

ABW Ambassador
    man, talk about government waste...there's some sitting in the cubicle next to me right now, and some more waste of space left the office early (again)...

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

Well my brick and mortor shoe store is 50 years old this year.
    How are we celebrating ?????
    Buy going out of business thats how.
    trust me the general economy stinks.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Robert,

Have you considered going online with the shoe store? It is possible that hundreds of us could sell for you.

I saw a stock program today that said Walmart did not make their numbers ( I dont know if it was quarterly or what ) for the first time since 1994! Economy not great but good. I dont think we will ever see what we saw in the 90's.

jejeje You should all live in Argentina. Then you're going to realize what is a good economy and what is a bad economy...

Argie

ABW Ambassador
    hey Argie, remember that in english it's hehehe and not jejeje (I ue to make the same mistake and no one would understand what I meant )

-------------
    <font size="1">There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.</font>

andy,

this is why money needs to be taken out of the election process. then corporations would be on a level playing field with the rest of us average americans. no more special treatment, like congress turning their heads while corporations send our jobs overseas.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread