Help Tweaking NY Tax Post I Made
    I spent a few days putting together a post about the New York internet tax law and I would appreciate it if some of you familiar with the law could give it a quick proof reading and let me know how much of it I screwed up and what needs to be changed. Also any recommendations on changes are also appreciated. I'm also going to be forwarding this on to a couple of journalists I know and see if they seem interested in doing an article on it from a different angle, the affiliates side of the tax law.

I wanted to keep it a little shorter and the end product isn't exactly what I wanted but it's now live on the site. The reason for posting it now is because the site is based on snowfall in New York and we had our first snow of the season which means people are coming to see what's going on right now.

I figure because it is based on a good part of New York State it will be mostly New Yorkers seeing the post. That said I'm dreading some of the negative emails I'm going to be getting slamming me for making a political post on the site but it's well worth it. Any suggestions, corrections and Thanks???

Haiko and Mellie, sorry I did have backlinks for reference to your sites but they got lost somewhere. Fixing it now!

The post about the tax law is at Golden Snowball
    Last edited by Packy; October 30th, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Going to go read it now.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Going to go read it now.
    Thanks Melanie, It was like trying to cram so much stuff into 1 post that it wasn't what I wanted but hopefully gets a point across. I also forwarded the post to a journalist from the Syracuse area that I hope realizes the impact this law really has. Thanks for the reply to ZR800 also. Much appreciated as I'm sure you know

Good work, Packy. Good work.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Good work, Packy. Good work.
    Thanks Kevin. Not quite the end product I was hoping for but hopefully it gets the point across as to what's going on. Feel free to chime in if you see something I missed or have wrong. I also sent the link to a local jounalist from my area in hopes he does an article about the NY tax law. I'm sure he is pretty burried right now with election stuff but I am sure I will hear from him one way or another.

Mellie, thanks for answering the question on there

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread