Is there a way to find out if a merchant has gone online?
    I have a merchant that I was first affiliated with on another network that I am a member of their program on this network now. While looking through stats at the other network it tells me when a merchant is or has been offline. This particular merchant was listed as being offline on that network. I clicked several of the links I had on my site to see how they were working and they all went to that merchant site. I then came here and did a search under the reports for "today only" but got the message "Sorry......blah, blah nothing met those parameters or whatever that message says" If that merchant was still online should my own clicks have been registering for at least the impressions or clicks .....or do our own clicks just not register or count in those reports?

If a merchant is offline would they just not have the link work and you'd come up with an error page or is there some way I or we would know it?

Thank you ahead of time

ABW Ambassador
    In the Google Aff. Network, your clicks that you do yourself should show up.

I'm not sure the reports show today though. They normally show up the next day as far as I am aware.

If the merchant is not online, then the links will not work

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    If that merchant was still online should my own clicks have been registering for at least the impressions or clicks .....or do our own clicks just not register or count in those reports?
    My experience is that with GAN there can be a big lag in showing the click. When I put up a new merchant I try to remember to click one of their links to test.

I have seen the click fail to show in the "today" reports, but show the next day when you are looking back one day. I have seen the impression show in the "today" report but the click for that not show until the next day looking back.

I'm not sure if this makes sense. Off to get my first cup.

"I'm not sure the reports show today though. They normally show up the next day as far as I am aware.

If the merchant is not online, then the links will not work"

Yeap, you can choose the option to show just for today. It's the first one.

"I'm not sure if this makes sense. Off to get my first cup. "

yeap Johnny that makes perfect sense to me. Not sure that'll make ya feel too good about yourself tho.

ok, fellas no impressions or anything were showin for me so I'll take a peek tomorrow to see. Never knew that the links wouldn't work if not online, so at least it should either be showing as clicks or come up as an invalid link then. Thanks both of you

Guess might as well since I'm here ask another one quickly. Not sure I should name them since they're online on this network but what do you guys think of a merchant that is online on one network but has been offline for at least a few weeks on another network?? Think but not sure others have been gettin sales from them at this network....but definitely not too nice how they're acting on the other network.

ABW Ambassador
    Sometimes a merchant may have problems with a network, and never have a problem at another network.

It may be the network that has the issues, not the merchant. A merchant name would help though

You make a very good point. ok, guess I should let ya know "Outdoor Decor" They're at SAS. Not absolutely positive but think they're the ones who were kinda playin musical chairs with who was managing the program for a while. Think they're managing it themselves now but not positive. They've been Temp Off checked just now real quick...7 times since last Dec. This last time they've been off since the 27th of Oct.

My problem is there doesn't really appear to be a whole lotta merchants that are too good (least for me) in this vertical.

ABW Ambassador
    What about BackyardBargain.com, Geno runs that one

hmmm I join the programs as I see em from the rss feed so I won't forget about em. lol So that one is on my to do list still. Don't remember seein Geno was managing it at the time, tho. That'll bump em up now on the list now that I know that, tho. They still don't have a real large selection, tho if I recall.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Activity (impressions, clicks, actions, transactions, etc.) will report in a today only report unless there is a delay due to load times.

If you need additional assistance regarding this question, please feel free to reach out to me regarding this advertiser.

Thank you,

Jamie
    jamier[at]google.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread