New calendar marketing concept
    I apologize in advance for what may seem like a product plug. We are interested in gathering feedback from this forum of sophisticated online & email marketers on our just released new calendar marketing This service is called “****In-Calendar Marketing”, it has similarities with email marketing services, but the delivery is to calendars like Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple iCal.

The platform delivers timely and relevant marketing offers to the medium where the customer makes their scheduling decisions every day which increase action on these messages. For example, a retailer sends a notice of a weekend sale with a coupon or a travel supplier creates live calendar feeds with last minute travel deals…

We hope that you will check out our screencast, and let us know your thoughts at ****** website.
    Last edited by Trust; October 31st, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

http and a telephoto
    If people get marketing messages that clutter their calendars I think they would freak out. This would have to be VERY targeted and VERY OPT-IN with lots of safeguards.

I don't use any of those calendar programs, and frankly I don't think enough of the general public uses them to make it worth this type of marketing product. As a merchant, I won't want my products marketed this way, as a manager I won't allow affiliates to use this method to promote our products.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Loxly,

I think you brought up a very good point, and I've tried to post and explain, but not all the forum moderators are so forgiving, my entire responses keep getting deleted indiscriminately despite not having any links or advertising

To keep it very short and simple...

In comparison to email marketing, In-Calendar Marketing is strictly opt-in. With modern calendars such as Google Calendar, Outlook, and iCal, the calendar user maintains full control of their calendar and can choose to add or remove any calendar subscriptions they want, at any time. Advertisers can't "send a message" to a calendar just anytime they want.

You are right about the usage. Electronic calendaring, like blogging in the early days, is still not widely used by the general public. However, we have faith that this will change very soon

"The next, big battleground will be at the calendar level…"

Matthew W. Cain, Gartner

ABW Ambassador
    It was deleted because:

"To learn more, come check out our 3-minute overview of In-Calendar Marketing. Since I can't post a link directly on this forum, just Google for "your product".

That's a way to skirt the rule here. It's fine if you want to talk about the general idea of the product but if you want to straight advertise, then you have to buy an ad.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Sounds like an annoying way to be marketed to, anyway.

TrishaLyn,

In-Calendar Marketing is geared towards companies with a loyal customer base, where the recipients opt-in and ask to receive these messages.

For example, one of the early In-Calendar Marketing adopters offer golf tee times availability via online calendar using our technology, and makes affiliate commission off any golf tee times booking. The subscribers are golfers who want to receive these tee times availability inside their electronic calendar in order to take advantage of special promotions and also to better plan their schedule.

When you want and specifically asked for something, I would say it is generally not annoying
    Last edited by petrakeawel; October 31st, 2008 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    It was deleted because:

"To learn more, come check out our 3-minute overview of In-Calendar Marketing. Since I can't post a link directly on this forum, just Google for "your product".

That's a way to skirt the rule here. It's fine if you want to talk about the general idea of the product but if you want to straight advertise, then you have to buy an ad.

Trust,

I apologize for earlier. This time I will ask first

Am I allowed to link to, or refer to examples where a website is using our In-Calendar Marketing technology? It would show how it works, but the website would not contain any promotional materials about ourselves.

ABW Ambassador
    If it is so good, and you want to show everyone how good it is, then buy an ad

http and a telephoto
    This whole concept gives me the creeps. It reeks of invasive marketing.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    This whole concept gives me the creeps. It reeks of invasive marketing.
    Loxly,

Thank you for your feedback. In Calendar Marketing is a new concept and will not be for every consumer or business. There are certain criteria to make it effective. The consumer has to use an electronic calendar. There are still a number of paper based calendar users (I might add that a number of these calendars have advertisements - insurance company, tool company, real estate, etc) and these people are not able to use In Calendar Marketing. Businesses that will benefit from In Calendar Marketing are businesses that can offer time based incentives to their loyal client base.

As an example - you are looking at your electronic calendar to plan a dinner out. You turn on your calendar that has the In Calendar Marketing feed from your favorite restaurant. Today is Tuesday and you see on Thursday they have a 40% off special from 5:30 to 7pm on Thursday. A great deal for you and you book a reservation. The restaurant benefits by increased business for early dinners on Thursday. Once they have sufficient reservations they can reduce the deal to 30% or even cancel it. You as the consumer are pleased to get a great deal at your favorite restuarant. Now that you have dinner booked and are not planning to go out any more this week or next week you can turn off the calendar with the In Calendar Marketing feed. The risk - you miss out on other great deals at your favorite restaurant. But it is your choice as the consumer and this is one of the key differences between e-mail advertising and In Calendar Marketing.

Thank you again fro your feedback - it is greatly appreciated.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread