ABW Ambassador
    My husband just realized that he has a balance with a merchant that he forgot he signed up with. They use the Myaffiliate program (in house). Anyway, he realized he has reached the minimum for payout $25 they owe $250 and have never paid us. He has tried calling (twice has been told the person will call back). He can't call from work and they're on eastern time so they're closed by the time he gets home from work.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to get them to pay up? We have one other deadbeat merchant like this that we finally got paid from and since I do all the financial stuff it bugs the heck out of me and I want that money.

Has anyone ever had a lawyer call to get their money? That is not a problem for us to do. I just didn't know if it makes a difference or not.

Any advice would be helpful.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    I live on the east coast. You can email me or call me and provide the information if you don't want to list the merchant, etcetra, here.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

ABW Ambassador
    I could probably call on my husband's behalf, but I hate dealing with customer service people. I wish he'd just stop promoting them. I will check and see if he minds me posting the merchant here.

Thanks Brian,
    Robin

Yes, why don't you post this merchant's name? Maybe they owe other affiliates too.

ABW Ambassador
    Okey dokey then I'll check back here again tomorrow and see if things have changed any . . . good luck.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

duplicate

Robin, post this merchant's name in your thread. Warn others.

Better yet, if they have a forum, post it there.

Do it now, mommy!

ABW Ambassador
    My husband does not want me to post the name, however, I will say they don't have a forum here and I had never even heard of them until he realized he had a balance. So, it is probably safe to say that none of you have an affiliation with them.

I think he (husband) needs to have a lawyer call them and then stop promoting them!

REM,

You really need to post the merchants name so we can protect ourselves.

Ohhhhhh if you post that jerks name and there are more than you not being paid we can do a combined class action suit.

When you do obtain a lawyers you will need to be an ASS and explain that when he files his first letter your legal fees are included in there remittance.

Your attorney will claim they can’t do that and all kinds of doodoo. I am hear to tell you they can and if you get ugly and agree to 30% of the take he will get everything for you to include legal fees. JERKS. But it works better that way! You get more money and your money grubbing lawyer get that DAMN jag he has been wanting. JERKS.

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra, at this point I would love to out the merchant. But, my husband would have my head. (and I have to live with him)

In any case, he sent them one last email and said he is pursuing legal action if he doesn't receive payment. They have never even acknowledged any email or phone call he has made.

Luckily for us, a lawyer will cost us squat! Both my brothers are lawyers as is my father. That always helps!

So, even though they only owe us a measely $250 (probably from over the last year or so) we are entitled to that money and I hope we see it soon. Of course, if they send it on January 1 that wouldn't be too bad either as right now I need to lower our income as much as possible. Uncle Sam is going to be in love with us come April 1.

Robin

And as I am not a lawyer myself, I won't take any offense as to the snotty comments you made regarding lawyers. The men in my family can fend for themselves.

REM,

By my snotty lawyer comments you can tell I have had to deal with plenty with difficlt results.

No offense ment FOOT IN MOUTH!

ABW Ambassador
    That is quite alright Sandra. Here's a good foot in mouth one for you.

Soon after my husband and I met, he made the comment that he hates lawyers. In the same conversation he asked what my father did. I said he's a lawyer. I think Rick cringed, then asked what kind of lawyer. I replied, tax lawyer, and he said, well that's not so bad then.

I think he was quite embarassed. It is a running joke in our family now. I can't tell you how many times he has sought free legal advice from those lawyers in my family. Of course, they have now sought free medical advice from him, so I guess it is an even trade.

Robin

We are fortunate enough to know a lot of people in the law profession, so we've been lucky not to get screwed. At the same time, we know plenty who have. So, I can sympathize with you.

REM next time if you don't want to share a deadbeet merchant with our fello members don't come to this board asking for free advice. This is a share and take... if you don't wanna share your info and warn us about it keep your hands off this board!!!

Sorry if I have been to harsh but that's what you deserve. Don't blame anybody else but yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    You know Yikole, there is an aspect of right to privacy which the merchant does deserve. As we have yet to receive the payment, we are giving them an opportunity to make right. If, however, we don't receive payment then we feel it would be appropo to post their name.

Additionally, if it were one of my merchants, I wouldn't care, but I'm not going to post the name of someone elses merchant, when they specifically ask me not to.

Obviously, in a few days we'll know if this company is going to pay or not. Most of the time all it takes from one of our independent affiliates is a phone call and we immediately get a check. Since we haven't heard from anyone, we are reserving judgement.

You don't have to be an ass yikole, just because I asked a simple question about what you guys do when a merchant doesn't pay.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread