Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Soliciting business
    Those run their own AM companies, do you do a lot of cold calling or emailing to businesses in your local area that have ecommerce sites but no affiliate program?

I guess you can say I'm dabbling in AM with a very small program I'm running at the moment. I just sent out an email to a site I saw advertising a sales position. I thought their product might do ok with an affiliate program. I was apprehensive to send an email (I did send one) and I'm not much of a cold caller/sales person.

Do you call and hope they will talk to you? Or do you send an email explaining a little about AM'ing and hope for the best?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Soliciting affiliate programs without knowing if the site is converting or is competitive is a formula for failure. Most of my biz dev comes from inquiries. I do a select numbers of calls a month to sites that I have a competitive advantage for. If you are uncomfortable with the sales call script it and practice in front of a mirror. Smile and stand up if you are nervous. Also, practice by calling a friend.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread