Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Soliciting business
    Those run their own AM companies, do you do a lot of cold calling or emailing to businesses in your local area that have ecommerce sites but no affiliate program?

I guess you can say I'm dabbling in AM with a very small program I'm running at the moment. I just sent out an email to a site I saw advertising a sales position. I thought their product might do ok with an affiliate program. I was apprehensive to send an email (I did send one) and I'm not much of a cold caller/sales person.

Do you call and hope they will talk to you? Or do you send an email explaining a little about AM'ing and hope for the best?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Soliciting affiliate programs without knowing if the site is converting or is competitive is a formula for failure. Most of my biz dev comes from inquiries. I do a select numbers of calls a month to sites that I have a competitive advantage for. If you are uncomfortable with the sales call script it and practice in front of a mirror. Smile and stand up if you are nervous. Also, practice by calling a friend.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread