ABW Account Question
    Dear Admin,
    I have a question.
    Me and my bf are entrepreneurs. My bf has been doing business online since a long time, however, I just jumped into the pool a month ago.
    I'm taking some help from my bf to get started, but he wont provide much help because he wants me to find my own ways. I think its good, he has provided basic guidelines and I'm learning and developing my skills.
    I created this account to learn from ABW members. But he wants me to delete my account so that he can create his account. We share the same computer.
    I told him to create his account but he says we can't have two accounts from same computer, is this true or is he just trying to give me some hard time?
    If true, is it possible for you to delete my account and allow him to create his account or is it possible for you to change my account name to his account name? I thought initially that we could work together through one account, but he does not like the female name on my account.
    Please advice.
    I appreciate your help, thanks.
    Silvia.

Silvia,

Thank you for being mindful of our rules. Please email me the other username to haiko (at) abestweb.com before your BF starts posting.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    He has not yet created an account. We were waiting for your reply.
    I will tell him to go ahead and will post his username in this thread. I'm not sure what username he will create.
    Silvia.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I created this account to learn from ABW members. But he wants me to delete my account so that he can create his account. We share the same computer.
    I told him to create his account but he says we can't have two accounts from same computer, is this true or is he just trying to give me some hard time?
    Haiko is it possible for two different screen names on the same IP with different email addresses? If no then this account should stand.

This really offends me as you came here to learn and your arrogant friend wants to dominate the one account after telling you to go out an learn for yourself! Sounds like manipulation to me!

Why can't you guys share a user name. There are 2 people using my computer, even though my husband doesn't "get" what I do, but I am sure if he ever did get it I would 100% let him use my ID, or I would stay cookied for him. I would then ask for a name change like JodySamQ.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

To address Jody's suggestion/question: Sharing user names is discouraged due to the confusion it creates. Each person who posts should have a separate account.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    This really offends me as you came here to learn and your arrogant friend wants to dominate the one account after telling you to go out an learn for yourself! Sounds like manipulation to me!
    Pretty much what I was thinking, but I thought I should stay out of it. But now that you've brought it up...

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Okay, so I'm a bit confused about how accounts work here. Maybe I should ask for clarification -- if my wife, Shirley, would want to come here, can she create her own account? And if so, can we both then be active?

I guess I'm just puzzled, really, about this whole line of discussion in this thread.

In Shirley's case, she has her own laptop and would use that -- so would she have her own IP address then when she came here, so that would make it work?

What if we only were using her computer or mine, how would that effect us both having accounts?
    Generate more fake news.

You could have as many accounts as you like on the same IP address. Yours and Shirley's would probably show the same IP address because you probably share the same internet connection with both computers. One individual must have just one user account and not share that user account with anyone else...

X

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    You could have as many accounts as you like on the same IP address. Yours and Shirley's would probably show the same IP address because you probably share the same internet connection with both computers. One individual must have just one user account and not share that user account with anyone else...
    Okay, great. I understand now. I think.

Guess I've not read this thread closely enough to understand just what the concern is with what's being discussed.

Weekend Brain Overload! Weekend Brain Overload!
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    One individual must have just one user account and not share that user account with anyone else...
    That was just a big issue with several Pepperjam people posting on one account - they received a ban warning.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The problem is that if I post something stupid (being new to forums or because of my inexperience), my bf will have to tolerate the replies from members and moderators. The other thing is that he is way too geek compared to me. There will be a huge imbalance in his posts and my posts, if we use the same account. I understand now why he mentioned that we cannot have two accounts from one computer. I don't understand a lot of technical jargons, specially IP (I know it is sort of a name for a computer on www). I leave it upto you to decide what to do with my membership here. I am not sure if I can be a highly active member but I won't mind if you unsign me.
    Best wishes, Silvia.

Silvia you should have your boyfriend create his own account. It doesn't sound like their should be a problem having multiple accounts on the same computer. Just make sure that you each log out when you're done and don't check the "Stay Cookied" checkbox.

It helps if we know who is posting and more importantly who we are responding to.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi silvias. Since your boyfriend opened his own account, everything is ok. You may use your own account that you opened.

X

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread