Newbie need advise
    I do not have my website. I have taken links from a reputed affiliate site
    for some reputed advertisers and started ads on Adwords. With little
    hard work I was able to collect good and low priced key words .My
    CLICKS have increased drastically . But I was shocked that after
    having 700 clicks in 90 days, I had only one sale ( basically i advertised
    for website and health care companies) . So I decided to test the advertiser's
    inregrity, I loged on to my ad in Adwords and made a purchase . I
    found threre was no conversion in my account. I wrote to Affiliate
    Manager, they washed their hands by saying that the transaction is
    between advertiser and publisher , so they can't do any thing. Than I
    wrote Advertiser, in their reply they wrote that commission has gone
    to some one else. How this can happened. I my self is from IT
    industry and I can not make silly mistake as I spent enough time to
    locate my ad and clicked on my ad only as content of ad was known to
    me only.

CAN SOME ONE ADVISE ME:_
    1)THAT WITH THIS KIND OF CHEATINGS, WHO CAN MAKE MONEY.
    2) CAN YOU QUIT UR JOB AND SURVIVE ON ONLINE MARKETING.
    3) IS ADSENSE IS BETTER WAY TO EARN MONEY BY HAVING YOUR OWN WEB SITE.
    ( as i do not have my website).

I am looking for advise

rajesh ahuja

Sounds like you need to document what is going on and contact the affiliate manager again. Be very clear. If you get no reponse it is time to leave that program.

Now as to your other concerns:

There may or may not be cheating involved. Who can make money? Look around on these forums. There are many hard working affiliates that make money. If they encounter a cheat they go through various steps to have the merchant chastised and the cheating to cease. If that is not worth their time they drop the merchant and move on.
    Yes, but hold on to your day job till you are sure you can earn at least an adequate living. Not everyone is suited to every career.
    Different things work for different people. You really don;t have to choose as you can do both. As you state that you are an IT proffesional it should be relatively easy for you to not only put up a website but fill it with wonderful content that people will enjoy and visit.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Terri,

Thanks for ur valuable advise. Both Merchant and Affiliate manager are of high repute in online marketing. I was shocked with the kind of replies i got from them. Exchange of mails went for almost 15 days, but without any result.
    Now after joining ABW, I regained confidence and with the help of friends like you, I feel that success will come today or tomorrow.

best regards

rajesh ahuja

Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    Sounds like you need to document what is going on and contact the affiliate manager again. Be very clear. If you get no reponse it is time to leave that program.

Now as to your other concerns:

There may or may not be cheating involved. Who can make money? Look around on these forums. There are many hard working affiliates that make money. If they encounter a cheat they go through various steps to have the merchant chastised and the cheating to cease. If that is not worth their time they drop the merchant and move on.
    Yes, but hold on to your day job till you are sure you can earn at least an adequate living. Not everyone is suited to every career.
    Different things work for different people. You really don;t have to choose as you can do both. As you state that you are an IT proffesional it should be relatively easy for you to not only put up a website but fill it with wonderful content that people will enjoy and visit.

Terri,

Thanks for ur valuable advise. Both Merchant and Affiliate manager are of high repute in online marketing. I was shocked with the kind of replies i got from them. Exchange of mails went for almost 15 days, but without any result.
    Now after joining ABW, I regained confidence and with the help of friends like you, I feel that success will come today or tomorrow.

best regards

rajesh ahuja

Depending on your methods and your skills that can take a few years or many years. Regardless of what the ebooks say, it takes a LOT of very hard work, making the right choices and extreme dedication to move beyond a few hundred dollars a month. Good luck.

If you want to quit your job, I would start working on creating your own site.

You can make money playing the PPC game, but it is a one and done type of thing that needs to be repeated each day. If something changes with the search engines that no longer allows you to make money by buying traffic and sending it to a merchant, then you will soon realize that you were making money without building any long term value.

Build long-term value by building your own websites.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread