Question Selecting items from a datafeed in PopShops?
    I just found out about PopShops today and am very excited about trying it out! I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer for me, though.

With PopShops, can I easily select/deselect products from a merchant's datafeed so that I choose what displays in my "store"? (i.e. can I choose which individual products from a particular product type (e.g. "shoes") will display, if I like the looks of some and not others?)

Thanks in advance!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread
    I just found out about PopShops today and am very excited about trying it out! I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer for me, though.

With PopShops, can I easily select/deselect products from a merchant's datafeed so that I choose what displays in my "store"? (i.e. can I choose which individual products from a particular product type (e.g. "shoes") will display, if I like the looks of some and not others?)

Thanks in advance!
    Absolutely - choose any or all of the 46,000,000 products currently available.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes, you can choose products from every merchant that you have signed up with. Just choose the network and then the list of merchants on that network opens up and you can either pick one merchant or get the products from a number of merchants. Only limited to being approved for that program. Have fun.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Thanks in advance!
    You have to select the products individually unless you want to use "autofeed" which includes the kitchen sink . For example my men's swimsuit "shop" brought up women's blouses and baby clothes in autofeed mode.

Great! Now I just need to figure out how to get the rest of the merchants I promote on to PopShops. :S

Has anyone had any success doing this? Are merchants generally open to the idea, given that it's free?

Great! Now I just need to figure out how to get the rest of the merchants I promote on to PopShops. :S

Has anyone had any success doing this? Are merchants generally open to the idea, given that it's free?
    Lots of success. If they're not on PopShops, I reach out to them, point them toward the FAQ, detail the benefits to going that direction, and give them a contact email for PopShops as well as my number. Those I've already signed with, I encourage them to pursue it ASAP, same FAQ.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    Lots of success. If they're not on PopShops, I reach out to them, point them toward the FAQ, detail the benefits to going that direction, and give them a contact email for PopShops as well as my number. Those I've already signed with, I encourage them to pursue it ASAP, same FAQ.
    So you actually had success with merchants signing on? That is good to hear that you have had success with that. Good for you for trying.

There was one merchant that had a datafeed with Popshops and there seem to be a problem with their products. I notified them but they seem to not have any clue what Popshops was or how it worked. Maybe the contact person was not the IT person but I would expect that this contact person listed on SAS would atleast know about Popshops.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    So you actually had success with merchants signing on? That is good to hear that you have had success with that. Good for you for trying.

There was one merchant that had a datafeed with Popshops and there seem to be a problem with their products. I notified them but they seem to not have any clue what Popshops was or how it worked. Maybe the contact person was not the IT person but I would expect that this contact person listed on SAS would atleast know about Popshops.
    Yeah, I've had a couple of merchants, too, who have joined PopShops when I've contacted their AM about it. The AM in one case said she'd heard of PopShops and had been meaning to contact them. She assured me she would check it out. (Though her merchant hasn't yet appeared.)

As for merchant datafeed problems -- that's a whole different mess, and I've had some merchants totally unresponsive about that, too.
    Generate more fake news.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread