ABW Ambassador
    Shareasale or Avantlink?
    Mods, not sure if this is the best place for this thread, as I am asking for a comparison, someone can move it if they feel it necessary.

I would like to promote a merchant that has an affiliate program with Shareasale, and also one at Avantlink.

What do people think is the best way to go? Promote the merchant through Shareasale, or through Avantlink?

Why would you choose one over the other?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    choosing between two great networks is tough, either one has all you need and want. both have consolidated fast payments, perhaps exceeding the threshhold of getting paid each month could be a deciding factor for you, depending on the numbers you do at each network already. other than that, i can think of no compelling reasons to choose one over the other. perhaps this merchant works harder on one than the other, join at both and compare the creatives inventory to see if that's the case. while you're checking that, double check to see if the cookie duration and comm amount is the same both places, which it very likely is.

i wish today, on election day, that i faced a tough decision like you have here!

That's up to you. If you are an AvantLink affiliate you would have more technical resources such as the datafeed client and the ALE script. There is one merchant I am promoting on both networks, just because I already had put up pages via PopShops/SAS when they became available on AvantLink. It mostly depends on how you build your sites and how you promote merchants, as to which tools are more useful to you.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    We have managed merchant programs on ShareASale and our experience with their team has been exceptional. I cannot speak for AvantLink bc we haven't worked with their network before.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    When faced with a program on multiple networks, I usually go with the network that I have the most programs on, just for consolidation purposes. Also, if you're not already a member of the other network then there's really no point in joining just for that program unless you just want to do some exploring and experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaLyn
    When faced with a program on multiple networks, I usually go with the network that I have the most programs on, just for consolidation purposes. Also, if you're not already a member of the other network then there's really no point in joining just for that program unless you just want to do some exploring and experimenting.
    Well, that used to be my motto too, but by now I see that I can't just go by what I think might be better, but with what I see would still be an ethical network, but at the same time would make me some money too.

When a merchant is available in multiple networks, I base my decision on the following items, in order:

1) The ethics, reliability, and standards of the network - I will always choose a network that takes a stand against bad practices first.
    2) Economics for me - how quickly will I get paid? (I've found that commissions, return days, and other factors seldom vary from network to network, or can be negotiated to match what is offered on another network. Payment speed is the one factor that sometimes varies.)
    3) Economics for the merchant - If it costs the merchant less to have me on one network or another, that's a factor.
    4) Size of network - I tend to go with the larger network (or what I think is the larger) when all else is the same.

For SAS and Avantlink, it's a tough choice. Both are highly ethical. Both pay quickly. I think both have similar network fees. I think SAS is a bit bigger, but I'm not sure. For me personally, I give a slight edge to SAS, but Avantlink is a very close second.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ShareASale. Both are good networks. SAS is the larger (much larger) of the two and, as an affiliate, I always looks as SAS offers before going anywhere else. AvantLink seems to concentrate in the "outdoors" market, which is good, but it is not one in which I focus.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread