Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Are you a NY Friendly Merchant?
    I am compiling a list of NY friendly merchants for my blog. If you would like to be included let me know. I get emails everyday asking for a list so this may get you and your program more exposure. Merchants and OPM's/AM's can contact me to get listed.

You must currently clearly accept NY affiliates.

Contact me via pm or email with the name of your program, the network and the reason you can claim to accept NY affiliates. Reasons are you are based in NY or otherwise have a nexus here, you charge NY sales tax, you implemented the NY Tax solution in accordance with the TSB from NY, your products are exempt from NY tax, you are otherwise exempt because you are below the $10,000 threshold or other reason. I'll verify you accept NY affiliates and will then list you.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Hey Melanie,

What's your email addy?

Thanks,

Colleen Darwent
    Affiliate Manager
    Last edited by loxly; November 4th, 2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: removed manual sig links

LOL I guess an email addy would help, sorry about that.
    You can use nyfriendly at nyaffiliatevoice Dot com.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mellie,

You may add these to your blog ..

ChecksUnlimited.com
    MarioBadescu.com
    IBSDirect.com

Thanks again ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

NP. Thanks, just sent email.

Thanks Andy, Colleen & others. I've got you all added.

Listing is open to any merchant, from any network as long as you're NY affiliate friendly and I can verify that. I am leaving it up to merchants and OPMs/AMs to contact me. To try and start this list from scratch would be a full time job and I do need to devote some time to my business.

The list is at http://nyaffiliatevoice.com/nyaffiliatemerchants/

After the list gets more established I'll post it here. Trying to keep it alphabetical and I wouldn't want to drive the mods crazy with edit requests.

I am hoping the list gets very long.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

E-mail sent.

Also posting here.

All of the merchants listed in my sig are 100% NY-affiliate-friendly, and I would certainly appreciate you adding them to your blog, Melanie.

Many thanks in advance.

Geno

Mellie Thanks for putting this together
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Thanks Mellie, PM sent. Our programs are all happy to work with NY affiliates:
    Nannies4hire
    Go Freelance
    Print Country
    2 new ones in the works.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thanks, working on the above additions. Should be listed by tomorrow morning.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Mellie Thanks for putting this together
    You're welcome.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

http and a telephoto
    I have more to add, but want to wait until some changes are announced It's great you are able to do this list!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Just a little reminder, if, when you send me your program name or list, you could send me the network program is on it would help ease the process. Inclusion on the list is by request.

Once I get a merchant 's/OPM/AM request I'll try to verify. Once I do I'll list it. Listing is in no way an endorsement of my opinion of the program, just an acknowledgement they accept NY affiliates and and let me know. The ball is in the merchant/OPM/AM 's court to reach out to NY affiliates.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hi Mellie,

Great of you to do this for your blog so New York affiliates to find quick. These are NY Friendly programs:

EverythingFurniture
    EverythingOfficeFurniture
    TheFurnitureParadise

I sent you an email with links and more info, thanks.

Count my brands in too!!!!
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Melanie, just sent you an e-mail about the program I manage. Thanks for posting this.

Mellie,

Please add AutoAnything to your list. We're in both CJ and GAN. Thanks!
    [B]Jeff DeBo[/B] | Sr. Marketing Manager - Affiliate
    [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K217424]ProFlowers[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K302833]Personal Creations[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K21765]RedEnvelope[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220460]Cherry Moon Farms[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220455]Shari's Berries[/URL]

P: (858) 909-4203 | E: jdebo(at)providecommerce(dot)com

Thanks all, I will get more added tomorrow during my morning update and verification session. I appreciate the emails, pms and posts. Keep them coming
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Still adding. By tomorrow morning I will be caught up with all requests already received.

It is wonderful to see all the merchants who have adjusted their terms as well as all those who charge the tax. Very encouraging. This is turning out to be a great list!

If you haven't yet emailed me here's a tip. It goes faster when I get all 3 pieces of info the url, the network & the reason ( you are based in NY or otherwise have a nexus here, you charge NY sales tax, you implemented the NY Tax solution in accordance with the TSB from NY, your products are exempt from NY tax, you are otherwise exempt because you are below the $10,000 threshold or other). If I have all that I can verify in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for all the emails & pm's.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Quote Originally Posted by guinness618
    Count my brands in too!!!!
    Got all but one of yours so far. I sent you a pm with a question Dyan.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Got your programs added Brett & Jeff, thank you.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge - JRami
    Hi Mellie,

Great of you to do this for your blog so New York affiliates to find quick. These are NY Friendly programs:

EverythingFurniture
    EverythingOfficeFurniture
    TheFurnitureParadise

I sent you an email with links and more info, thanks.

Got yours added too Jorge. Thank you for making it so easy to verify with all the info you sent.

Greg yours are done as well. Geno I think I have 1 or 2 of yours still left and Deb I think I still have to add one for you too. Off to finish and then to go thru the emails from others.

Keep the requests coming. I've heard from a couple of affiliates who said they found some new programs. At least some of you should have had some new NY signups; if not yet, soon
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Bumping in case any merchant has missed this. I'll post the current list here tomorrow.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Some of my merchants are still not on the list (AmberDesire.com, Funetics, Gourmet Station, HalloweenMart.com, HappyKidsPersonalized, HealthTestingCenters.com, LowerPriceUSA, M-Rock). Any chance to get them added as well. M.?

Many thanks in advance,

Geno

Some merchants are not yet on the list because I have not yet verified they are NY Affiliate friendly. In my very first post and in some subsequent posts, I stated that to be included, a merchant clearly accept NY affiliates. I needed the name of your program, the network and the reason you can claim to accept NY affiliates.
    Reasons are you are based in NY or otherwise have a nexus here, you charge NY sales tax, you implemented the NY Tax solution in accordance with the TSB from NY, your products are exempt from NY tax, you are otherwise exempt because you are below the $10,000 threshold or other reason. I'll verify you accept NY affiliates and will then list you.
    If I know ahead of time the network and the reason the process is much faster. If I just get a list of merchants I have to do more work. First, I need to go to the network and read the program description and affiliate agreement to check for terms for NY affiliates. If no special terms and conditions are apparent, I need to go to the merchant site to verify if they are maybe based in NY or charge tax. If they don't I need to see if maybe products just aren't taxable. After that what remains is that perhaps the merchant does not meet the threshold of $10,000. What I do next depends on the products sold but I will need to verify that the merchant is aware of the need to institute the special terms in their agreement in order to prevent a recurrance of the May-June fiasco . We heard on several occassions we were ok only to dropped the next day with no notice.

A NY affiliate friendly merchant is not just a merchant who currently accepts NY affiliates. A NY affiliate friendly merchant is one who is prepared for tomorrow, by setting up their programs so that NY affiliates do not have to be concerned about losing the "partnership". They are either set up to accept sales tax, prepared to do so, or have the terms set up.

I devote some time to this every day but the reality is I also need to make a living. I am not compensated for any of this nor do I expect it. I used to rely on affiliate income but because of this issue, I have had to try and branch out. If I don't make a living my sites will be pulled offline and that includes NYAffiliateVoice. In all honesty, I have contemplated this.

So yes, I can add your sites - as soon as I verify. If you want to speed the process send additional info.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast