ABW Ambassador
    Hawthorn Suites Product Links Don't Resolve Correctly
    Hawthorn Suites was deactivated from CJ last month. We have a lot of product links on our site that we didn't remove because we knew they'd eventually reactivate. I was willing to have the dead links for a short period of time. This morning, got an email from CJ that Hawthorn Suites reactivated. Clicked on a few of my product links and all of them bring up an error page on Hawthorn Suites site. Notified CJ and they replied that the advertiser set them up incorrectly and for me to notify the advertiser. I just did. But this brings up a major issue. Why didn't CJ notify the advertiser and what does this say about the validity of all CJ links? How can CJ say that tracking isn't effected if there are no checks and balances on the links that the advertiser loads. In this case, since the links do go to Hawthorn Suites site, bookings can still be made but neither the affiliate nor CJ will earn a commission. We have seen many examples of bad links that were obtained directly through the CJ interface that don't work properly. If no one checks them, how can CJ guarantee tracking? They can't. Total ineptitude.

It's in CJs interest to have those links working properly too. Are all links validated by CJ? Do they validate them within a certain timeframe after they have been uploaded by the merchant?

ABW Ambassador
    CJ does not validate links. That said, in my particular example, I did get a response from CJ that the links would still track. They just don't go to the correct product page. I also got a response from the Hawthorn Suites affiliate manager that they would fix them but they still aren't fixed.

ABW Ambassador
    This is the sorriest excuse for an affiiliate program. I sent the AM an email asking when this code was going to be fixed and she responded:
    I am sorry we won't be able to update that information in the near
    future. We are focusing on updating the text links at the moment.
    Since this program has never converted for me, I'll be removing the links.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread