Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    We Have A New President
    Congratulations, pretty historic time. The networks are all starting to project Obama as the winner.

Goes without saying no partisan type stuff, it'll just get zapped.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Historic times indeed.

This man needs all our good & positive energy. I wish him well and great accomplishments. He's got a tough job to do.

It would be wonderful if we all supported him in guiding our country.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    New 44th president elected
    Congratz to Sen. Obama for winning and congratz to Sen. McCain for putting up a good challenge.
    The next 100 days will be an interesting time and hopeful postive moment for President Obama.

I have been urging those under me to go vote as I am not qualified.

ABW Ambassador
    Pretty amazing result.

Two of my kids got to vote for the first time in a Presidential election and I think both of them realized that they were going to be part of a historic event. Congrats to President Elect Obama! Hopefully the country will pull behind him as he leads the next 4 years A pretty touching moment in my opinion once they showed him going over the 270 electoral votes!
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Yep new President, new possibilities, new wave, and a very historic moment, nothing better than being a american, priviledges, celebration of a new era that is about to unfold right before our eyes, our generation has seen a first, and every vote did count (so far).
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    no matter who you voted for you can't deny this is historic, and moving.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar

A new era dawns, and America again shows the world our true heart and soul, and the Promise of Democracy, 21st century version.

Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Even though I expected him to win I didn't know I would get all choked up and patriotic about it.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I know what you mean TerriFalcone. I feel happy and teary and I just heard his speach it was great!
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    USA! USA! USA!

The world salutes you!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    USA! USA! USA!

The world salutes you!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yes pretty historic, it's been a long time since a one term senator has been elected to the most powerful office in the history of the world.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

It would be wonderful if we all supported him in guiding our country.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
    Theodore Roosevelt (1901–1909)

ABW Ambassador
    Somebody said this - "To be a patriot is to have a lover's quarrel with your country."

So true. Been up all night watching this, cool to see the other countries reaction as well, they're all pretty excited. I've seen a few global type votes like - http://www.economist.com/Vote2008/

Trust- And I'm trying to keep 'politics' out of this - but of course the rest of the world is overjoyed. If a far left junior politician had been elected to oversee China, I would be laughing my fool head off.

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of the world are our Allies. Sometimes people will say who cares about Europe, like they hate us or something. They don't, they're our Allies. And as you've seen with our Stock Market, as we go, so does a lot of the world. So they want us to succeed, not fail. It's in everybody's best interest. We'll see, time will tell. He's a smart guy and handles things well, think he's going to have a lot of good people around him from both sides of the isle. Let's see how things turn out before we judge.

Well, they want us to succeed on their terms, not ours, their values, not ours. Trust, in the end, no one takes better care of you than you. This is true not just at the personal level but for nations as well. Electing someone to appease the world is a nominal strategy.

ABW Ambassador
    Not even going to say what I think about that, because that will surely close the thread down and that will lead to fighting and such. So, we'll see how things turn out.

That's fine by me. You can delete my posts in this thread if you want, as well, for all I care. I just don't see the point in pretending I am happy for the nation that I love when I'm not.

I'm going to go watch an action flick on hulu.com now.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Somebody said this - "To be a patriot is to have a lover's quarrel with your country."

So true. Been up all night watching this, cool to see the other countries reaction as well, they're all pretty excited. I've seen a few global type votes like - http://www.economist.com/Vote2008/
    That quote, along with Teddy Roosevelt's quote is what it is all about. Disagreement is healthy and wise lest we all become wards of the state. A new day has come, a new day will come again. I am young, so I have time. In between, while we work with our new president, support is not defined as agreement to that with which we do not agree. I too was moved by the historic side of last night. Now it is time to move forward and do what is right for America and our friends. Though there is very little that I agree with in our new presidents thinking, I do love this country and want the best for us. On that note, I wish our new president (and us) the best.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    That's fine by me. You can delete my posts in this thread if you want, as well, for all I care. I just don't see the point in pretending I am happy for the nation that I love when I'm not.

I'm going to go watch an action flick on hulu.com now.

Times are changing. America is changing. The world is changing. Has to be a good thing for everyone.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Julian, if you want to consult history and read speeches given by presidents back as far as Washington, "times" have always been changing. Every four years, candidates run on "change" and every four years, some think this is the first time that the theme has meaning. Time and actions (only) will tell what change occurs and the good of it. I hope it IS good.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Times are changing. America is changing. The world is changing. Has to be a good thing for everyone.
    change for the sake of change is not a good thing.

What has bothered me most about this election, and probably others, is that the issues are not what people vote for. Look at interviews done of supports on both sides, they are extremely ignorant on the issues.

We should elect the candidate that intends to provide the strongest leadership for the country, has ideas to solve problems, all while staying within the constitutional framework.

ABW Ambassador
    "We should elect the candidate that intends to provide the strongest leadership for the country, has ideas to solve problems, all while staying within the constitutional framework."

You know we had a vote last night? So people picked who they thought would provide that and again time will tell.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast