Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Max Banner Ads Issue
    Is anyone else using the MaxBannerAds plugin to serve ads on a WordPress blog?

I recently upgraded to the most recent version of that, and then to WP 2.6.3 and they don't seem to be playing nice together.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Moved your thread to the blogging forum Trisha. This is where WP people hang out most.

X

All I can tell you is that for some plugins, you are best off not updating them until the new one has been out for a few weeks. During the time you can let the brave others find out the bugs with them. I am unfamiliar with the plugin you speak of so I can't really help with that specifically. But I do know there are those out there who refrain from updating their favorite plugins to the newest versions simply because they like their specific version just the way it is. Of course, in the case of a security hole or flaw, you should always update. Dang...that's a bunch of words just to say I can't help much. Sorry :-)

-sfcom

Cool, thanks Ed - I wasn't sure where it'd go best.

The new version has been out awhile, that's why I thought it'd be safe. Oh well...

Anyone know how to revert back?

Trisha - First of all - congrats on being ranked #1 in google for maxbannerads!!! You rank higher than the maker of the plugin company themselves. Do they have an affiliate program ?

2. If you want more advanced banner management or you have multiple sites seriously consider openx. I use that on my blog and it makes banner management easy across alot of sites. Add banners to it, make them show on multiple sites, one site, different parts of different sites, make them auto start and auto expire, etc. Banner management on steroids and free !
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

LMAO I had no idea about the Google rank - wow that's sad lol.

I've been considering Open X, especially since they have a WP plugin now. I think this gives me the perfect opportunity to try it out.

I did not know they had a WP plugin. It was very easy to set it up on my blog http://stopdoingnothing.com . They just give you the JS code to place any place in your site and from that point all of the work is in OpenX.

Keep me abreast of your progress. I may have to use that plugin (That might make #15) on my site also.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread