Programs Reinstating NY Affiliates???
    Have any other programs other than 4Checks reinstated NY Affiliates? If so, is there a list of these programs somewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, since this thread topic is merchants who removed NY affiliates it would be better to start a new thread. Or you could request a mod split your question off. I'll be happy to answer what I can but I donn't want to derail this thread.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

http and a telephoto
    There ya go Mellie, brand new thread.

Did Checks Unlimited reinstate NY affiliates?

Also Steve, there are many merchants that implemented the process that Mellie has posted about and never dropped NY Affiliates. Adding affiliates back should be a no brainer.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Adding affiliates back should be a no brainer.
    I know that this is what you meant, but wanted to clarify:

Adding affiliates back that fall within our documents description is a no brainer.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Yes Kevin, you are correct for clarifying
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    ChecksUnlimited did reinistate NY affiliates.

I am glad someone posted this, we will follow up with our own post on our forum as well.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Steve, several merchants have reinstated NY affiliates because they implemented the 2 easy steps. The two easy steps have been presented here, at Affiliate Summit and elsewhere. We even spoke about them at the SAS party. Have you had a chance to watch the video from the NY Tax Solution session at summit? Haiko has the link in this forum to the complete session (it's the whole hour not just the 45 minutes).

Some merchants initially removed NY affiliates like 4Checks and Checks Unlimited but we are now back. Others never removed us and have also instituted the special terms so that they could keep us. Merchants such as NewEgg implemented the solution, EverythingFurniture, Domestications, Discount Watch, Vanns, Hips and Curves, 4checks, Checks Unlimited, Loxly Gallery are just a few more that implemented special terms. It is impossible to list them all. The merchants range across all verticals. Other merchants decided to charge tax, added the software and reinstated NY affiliates - an example is Celebrate Express.

I have emailed you on a few occassions regarding the NY tax issue and have yet to hear back. If I could update some of your former affiliates they would appreciate it. Although they are settling down nicely with your competitors, I know some would like to rejoin your program. If you have a better email or prefer phone for contact just let me know.

We are more than happy to answer any questions, share resources, refer to a NY State Tax attorney and so on. If you need the links to the sample documents I can also send them to you again.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Loxly, thanks for splitting this off.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    ChecksUnlimited did reinstate NY affiliates.

I am glad someone posted this, we will follow up with our own post on our forum as well.
    Emilio, when did checks unlimited start allowing New Yorkers into their program? I've been checking every now and then at SAS and this is the first I have heard of it. I just looked at SAS and see the terms have been changed to allow ny residence back in but New Yorkers must still be on the AUTO HIT LIST! I still get this when trying to apply.

This merchant is currently not accepting any new applications. Thanks.

Due to recent tax laws enacted in several US States, this merchant is unable to accept any new applications from your state. If you have questions please contact the merchant directly, or ShareASale Support

Just a heads up if your not seeing any New York residents signing up. Either that or it's just me and Kelly won't let me in
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    Emilio, when did checks unlimited start allowing New Yorkers into their program? I've been checking every now and then at SAS and this is the first I have heard of it. I just looked at SAS and see the terms have been changed to allow ny residence back in but New Yorkers must still be on the AUTO HIT LIST! I still get this when trying to apply.

This merchant is currently not accepting any new applications. Thanks.

Due to recent tax laws enacted in several US States, this merchant is unable to accept any new applications from your state. If you have questions please contact the merchant directly, or ShareASale Support

Just a heads up if your not seeing any New York residents signing up. Either that or it's just me and Kelly won't let me in
    Thanks for the heads up Packy. I've removed them from the list until we clear this up. I've sent Emilio & Andy a pm and posted in their forum.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread