Tremendous Loss Yesterday
    I just read the news that one of the most talented writers of our time, Michael Crichton, died yesterday.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Michael Crichton, the million-selling author who made scientific research terrifying and irresistible in such thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said.
    Crichton died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after privately battling cancer.
    I've enjoyed many of his books, including State of Fear, Jurassic Park, Timeline, Airframe, Prey, and many others.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Wow. What a shame. I have read a few of his books, great writer. Big loss

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    One of my favorite authors.

State of Fear was an eye opener. His research notes at the end of the book were as interesting as the book itself.

RIP!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What a terrible loss. Tremendous writer - you could not put his books down. My favorites were Congo, Sphere, and Airframe, along with Jurassic Park. Also, he was one of the creators and producers of one of TV's great, enduring shows, ER.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I enjoyed many of his books, as well as the movie adaptations, immensely. In fact, hubby and I just recently watched Andromeda Strain again. He'll be missed.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    That's a real shame, I enjoyed his books immensly. I bought the Andromeda Strain last week on DVD , not had chance to watch it yet.

Yes, a literary giant has gone on to the hereafter. He will be missed. We have collected and have read all of his books over the years

Nancy has all of those books - in one place in our TV room. I just pulled Airframe off the shelf and began reading (re-reading) it this afternoon.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I just read the news that one of the most talented writers of our time, Michael Crichton, died yesterday.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

I've enjoyed many of his books, including State of Fear, Jurassic Park, Timeline, Airframe, Prey, and many others.

Andromeda Strain was a favorite, as was Jurassic Park. Good writer who definitely knew how to hold a readers interest. If only he had written Green Eggs and Ham, I would have actually enjoyed it! He will be missed by those of us who like to read.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Timeline and State of Fear were favorites. The best part about all his books was that they started out with real science and then slowly blended into fiction...and the exact point where they became fiction was hard to tell!

I think Timeline was my favorite. The breadth of subjects that he covered was truly impressive. Every novel of his that I read was captivating and thought-provoking.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

[BUMPING AN OLD THREAD...]

But it doesn't end there... Fans will still get to read two more books, one adventure story that he completed but never published and a technological thriller based on some extensive research and notes that will be completed by another author.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090406/...richton_novels
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    [BUMPING AN OLD THREAD...]

But it doesn't end there... Fans will still get to read two more books, one adventure story that he completed but never published and a technological thriller based on some extensive research and notes that will be completed by another author.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090406/...richton_novels
    cool!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm already looking forward to both of them. I loved reading Crichton.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread