ABW Ambassador
    I can't believe it, I'm driving my kids to speech today and there on the the radio, actually on 2 of my preset stations, they are already playing christmas songs. Not to be rude, but I can't believe we'll be listening to this for the next 6 weeks or so.

The only positive sign I see with this, is maybe it will motivate people to buy early and buy a lot!!!!

When I walked into Wal-Mart in August and saw them moving garden stuff outside while filling up the garden section with Xmas stuff.

All I could do was walk away and dream my normal silly dream....

A bunch of people picketing Wal-Mart and other large stores. The sigsn would say KEEP XMAS IN DECEMER! or We do not want to shop early!

Yes its a silly DREAM but wouldn't it be nice to promote Thanksgivings, wouldn't it be nice to promote Veterans day or Halloween without all the items next to a xmas tree?

Maybe we all should picket the stores, were our site URLs on our t-shirts/sweatshirts. And demand Xmas be celebrated in DECEMBER!

Bet it would be in the NEWS! free advertising for Christmas product on your site!

SandraR<FONT face=Arial size=2>

</FONT>

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra! Are you absolutly certain that you do not want people shopping until December. I happen to think November is nice and nicer when it is on my site.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    People are welcome to buy their Christmas stuff right now (and in October, and in September, and in August, and in...) on my sites!

As a shopper, it irks me a bit to see the Christmas trees up in October.

But as a salesperson I think it's FINE! Plus, with shipping times attached, we web people need to start peddling the stuff before December or the people won't have enough chance to get it!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I had been holding out on Irvs Xmas banners, but when I saw the city of Costa Mesa put up Holiday decorations on all the streets around South Coast Plaza one of the biggest malls in SoCal, I decided it was time. Christmas banners are now on your sites if you are using one of the Irvs banners I replaced.

But when you think about it, the biggest shopping day of the year is only about a week away so Merry Christmas!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    I don't mind the christmas shopping starting earlier and earlier each year..i just can't handle listening to christmas music this early.

Not to mention we don't even have cold weather here..it is 60's and raining today. Nothing more depressing than hearing about 'white christmas'. The fact that i don't celebrate christmas probably adds to my annoyance of the music. Sorry.

If everyone would spend more time selling for Halloween, we could sell more costumes, candy and knickknacks, etc..

If everyone would spend more time selling for Veterans Day, we could sell more flowers and gifts, etc..

If everyone would spend more time selling for Thanksgivings, we could sell more dishes, food, recipe books, etc..

I see it as loosing revenue by hurrying passed other holidays. I used to sell a ton of those gravy boats that stay warm, but no one really promotes the other holidays anymore. Not even the Merchants.

The emphasis is on Xmas and I think we actually hurt ourselves by rushing. Personally I purchased over $1000 in new autumn decorated dishware, because I am thinking of Thanksgiving and not Xmas. The problem I had finding it was terrible all Xmas stuff, as if Thanksgiving is not a holiday any longer.

SandraR<FONT face=Arial size=2>

</FONT>

The Citibank Building in NYC has a big public area with a deli, a cafe, restaurants and a Barnes & Noble. I usually spend my lunch break there banging away on my laptop trying to do the whole page a day, site a month thing.

Well today there were Christmas trees and holiday decorations set up. They must have put them in over the weekend.

I can understand wanting people to start their shopping early (especially because Thanksgiving is late this year) but I'm going to wait until December to put up the lights on my house.

ant

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Personally I purchased over $1000 in new autumn decorated dishware, because I am thinking of Thanksgiving and not Xmas. The problem I had finding it was terrible all Xmas stuff, as if Thanksgiving is not a holiday any longer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad more people like you didn't go to my site last year. I put up a page of autumn and Thanksgiving dishes, put it on Inktomi, and sold all of $0.00 of it.

Strangely enough, the Christmas dishes didn't do much better but at least there were some sales of that.

Maybe everybody already had the dishes I had chosen to feature or something...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    I am officially declaring Christmas shopping season open. Toy sales have skyrocketed this week. Maybe it was due more to the Google update than Christmas, but either way it is looking good.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread