So I learned after creating some new linkshare links, that you could change the target=new and create a new window when customers click on links. However, tried some, and my pop-up blockers asked for permission to view new windows. This seems like a smart thing to do, because your original window will stay open, however, where is the line between smart and frustrating for your consumers? Fewer clicks=better conversions right?

-gray day
    "Be really whole and all things will come to you"

-Lao Tsu

My observation:

2 years ago when the pop-up stoppers came in hard it was not a good idea to open in a new window.

Now pop-up stoppers are a part of your OS- so the least amount of pop ups the better and greater trust for your customers.

SandraR<FONT face=Arial size=2>

</FONT>

Thats what I figured after uploading all my pages and then testing. What would you reccomend, befree's default is target=_top . I know you responded to an earlier post of mine about frames, but forgive me, I don't really understand how to incorporate. Hoping for some knowledge. BTW, viewed your site from your sig. and am very impressed.

-gray day
    "Be really whole and all things will come to you"

-Lao Tsu

ABW Ambassador
    did anyone do any real testing to see if having windows open target="_blank" was actually losing sales??
    I cannot understand why they are classed as popups, as they do not pop up on their own!!!

I have all my affiliate links open in new window, and was wondering if that was why my sales are so low! considering I made a lot more last year.

any ideas, I would be grateful

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread