Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Jupiter Images and Just Tech Jobs spam
    Did anyone else get an email from Barry Pullen promoting justtechjobs.com? He said he sent it because I'm an affiliate of Jupiter Images (he used the email addy I only use for affiliate business.)

How did he get my email address? Did he buy it from Jupiter Images or from CJ or are they giving email addies away for free now? (Yeah, I'm annoyed.)

Should I complain to CJ? Think it'd do any good?

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I assume you cloak your email address so the merchant just sees "Account Manager Mail"? Otherwise I'd just assume that the AM gave the email addresses to this Barry Pullen guy and that the two companies are possibly connected. Just a thought.

The email isn't cloaked. It's the one I use at CJ, it's not posted on my web sites, and Pullen stated that he got the email from Jupiter Images which has its program through CJ. So either he's lying about where he got my email addy or someone at CJ or Jupiter Images sold it to him. I have no idea if the two companies are related in some way.

I don't like it when merchants/networks do this. If I'd received a promotion email about another clipart/stock images program it would be understandable.

My bad. I skimmed the email too quickly and missed this part, "JustTechJobs is internet.com's jobsite and like Jupiterimages, is also part of the Jupitermedia Corporation." So I'm glad to know that nobody bought or sold my email addy and thank you sfcom for tipping me off to the critical line in the email that I missed.

Kids, this is what happens when you only get four hours of sleep. Don't try it at home.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Hey, at least we can all learn from this. I'm glad that it did turn out to be a related company and not a shady practice!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread