Hi all!!!!

I just got my no parasite policy approved!!!! I fought really, really hard for this policy!

We're going to be launching ABW fourm as soon as get approval for my commission change, so I can pay affilaites more money!

We have a really great product line and lots of promos and coupons for your users -- one is up now, and a few are comming soon -- so I hope you'll consider our program!

Cheers,

Beth

www.audible.com

Hello Beth, I'm not trying to blast your program down .. but I was interested in your program offer for a few of our clients until I seen the toll free number.

Does your company anticipate being able to track phone orders in the future with a promo number that directly references the affiliate who sent the caller?

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Looks like a great product, sure you'll get lots of support here, especially with the no-parasite policy.

Haven't gone past the home page, but I don't see the toll-free number. That's one thing that does put affiliates off.

You're on my 'to do' list.

I got my parasiteware sweatshirt!!!
    (Gordon, eat your heart out :-) )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DesignerWiz.com Team:
    Hello Beth, I'm not trying to blast your program down .. but I was interested in your program offer for a few of our clients until I seen the toll free number.

Does your company anticipate being able to track phone orders in the future with a promo number that directly references the affiliate who sent the caller?

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, tell me exactly what you want. I have never addressed this issue before. I'll make it happen. I don't think it will be a problem.

If you could let me know a CJ merchant that has done this, who I could talk to about how the tracking has been intergrated with CJ, that would be helpful!

ABW Ambassador
    Hello,

I think this would be a good addition to my book review site. Is there going to be a datafeed available or a way of landing on a specific title?

About 800 numbers:
    I think Irv's Luggage has set up phone sales tracking. Catalyst will probably see this thread and confirm it.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    Hello,

I think this would be a good addition to my book review site. Is there going to be a datafeed available or a way of landing on a specific title?

Wayne<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a data feed in CJ now. It has 2000 titles. These are titles we have sold more than 100 copies of.

We are in the process of changing it to include categories (which we're missing) we're also going to highlight out top 100 sellers and our bargin bin in our new feed.

The new feed should be up in the next few weeks.

Beth

Just been added to my to do list.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. I've was hoping for a datafeed directly from Audible. The few CJ sites I feature offer their own feeds so I haven't had the need to get the big one. (Along with the added cost.)

Did catch the edit I made to my first post? You were posting yours at the same time. Irv's luggage tracks phone sales.

Wayne

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Great job, Beth, that's great news!

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi Beth,

We have spoken before. I'd be happy to help you with some tips on setting up the 800# tracking. Several of my clients including Irvs, Executive Essentilas, AmazingSocks, zZounds and ChatDollars do 800# tracking. They each do it somewhat differently and there are some important things to be aware of you would only learn by trial and error otherwise.

Feel free to give me a call. Can't explain by email, need to talk.

Good luck on your new program. Looks great!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

[This message was edited by Catalyst on November 20, 2003 at 02:03 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Hi Beth,

We have spoken before. I'd be happy to help you with some tips on setting up the 800# tracking. Several of my clients including Irvs, Executive Essentilas, AmazingSocks, zZounds and ChatDollars do 800# tracking. They each do it somewhat differently and there are some important things to be aware of you would only learn by trial and error otherwise.

Feel free to give me a call. Can't explain by email, need to talk.

Good luck on your new program. Looks great!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.co...terewards.html

[This message was edited by Catalyst on November 20, 2003 at 02:03 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linda, as always, it's great to hear from you and THANK YOU SO MUCH for your offer of help!!!!

I'll be in touch. This program is great, it's such a great interesting company.

Cheers,

Beth
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    Thanks. I've was hoping for a datafeed directly from Audible. The few CJ sites I feature offer their own feeds so I haven't had the need to get the big one. (Along with the added cost.)

Did catch the edit I made to my first post? You were posting yours at the same time. Irv's luggage tracks phone sales.

Wayne<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne, Thanks!!!!!!

I'm new to CJ, I did not think there was costs to affilaites for Datafeeds from CJ. Is there, we can make a change, if there is a fee.

thx

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    Just been added to my to do list. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Let me know if you need any help with merchandising, key words, creative, etc.

Beth

Beth,

I didn't know you guys were around, I will be signing up shortly

The steps you have taken concerning Parasites are totally awesome, and will be applauded by ABW members.

Now, from the "Look a gift horse in the mouth" department:
    I think the 1-800 number issue is minor, but could be addressed. I understnad Linda's solution is pretty good.

A datafeed aside from CJ would be awesome. The CJ provided feed is extremely cumbersome, and requires affiliates to pay a fee up front. Backcountrystore.com provides a feed that gets emailed to affiliates- pretty straight-forward. It could also be available for download from your server, via secure ftp. You provide us with a "pipe" or "tab" delimited file, and we take it from there. The data doesn't even need to be customized with our CJ number, we can do that on our end. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Lastly, don't be put off when someone questions something here. There are many here that are skeptical of anything, be it good or evil. There is a good reason for this, I won't get into. Just keep the course you have set, and your program will do well. Good luck

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats on cleaning up the program Beth. This helps not only your affiliates, but all affiliates and I am sure everyone will relook at your company now as potential partners.

Chet

Well the 800 number, I'll work on that project without a question.

The data feed, we can set one up without an issue outside of CJ. The file is to big to email I think, I rather FTP it. Here is my question, I'm not sure how to get our CJ product ID in it. Anyone know now to get this info for you guys.

OK, lastly and I feel like I need to admit this for the sake of full disclosure, is our no Parasite policy does not take effect until 12/1. I have some relationships to end and CJ takes 7 days to expire an affilaite, so please just give me a week. I did not think about whether people would assume this policy started right away. Thanks for understanding this. I'm moving as fast as I can. I just rather be honest on this point than silent.

Cheers,

Beth

Beth,

I cannot speak for anyone else here, but the expiration time you refer to is not an issue for me - at all.

Concerning the datafeed - GREAT! I do not know all the ins-and-outs of the links, so I can't help you there. You can try Bryan Rhodes, he's the AM at BackcountryStore.com, (435) 657 2468 ex. 116 You may know him already.

Thanks again,

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

Glad to see the commitment!

I also see some things in the catalog that might be good for a kist/parents site of mine.

Just applied, looking forward to improving some Christmas numbers!

Look4

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As for the feeds, please make sure to keep your IN-CJ feed up to date, too.

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose sites are set up to accept the CJ format. It's a pain to have to make a special template, etc. to accept non-CJ data so I always use the CJ Feed when there is one.

I haven't had any problems with merchants "forgetting about" their CJ feed (while keeping an outside feed up to date), but I mention it every time this issue comes up just in case.

As for the fee for the CJ feed, it works like this:

Those making over $10k/month in sales (not commission) get it free. Those making less sales have to pay a fee.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Kudos to you Beth and thank you very much!

Here's to your success going forward.

Another one bites the dust! Another one bites the dust!

Next...

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Give me feed and we are off

affiliate code is just a matter of 'search and replace' Just make sure there is "something" so we have something to search for (and replace)

Edit> oh, you asked for "our CJ product ID "
    Dont know that one, sorry

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

Parasite free and a nice selection of Audio Golf Titles...

Here is hoping I can drive some sales to reward your efforts in doing the right thing and taking your stance...

I will sign up today!

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

Congrat's Beth. I just sent you a pm.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Another win for the home team! WTG Beth!

I believe I've got a nice spot for you on a new website I'm working on!

-----------------------------
    Scott

"Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

Hi all!

Thanks for the great feedback!!!!

This is a new job for me and I'm cleaning up this program. I've been on the job two weeks, so I'm moving as fast as I can.

I did not really think that the recruiting response would be so overwhelming to this post, I was just so happy about it, I wanted to share. I planned more to recruit when we launch ABW forum – I have all these fun promos ready for that -- think sales bonuses of MP3 players, iPods, or cash. But it would be great to get going, so lets go!!!!

I wanted to make sure that everyone joining our program was aware of a few things. I’m making some program changes to scale this program (they will be in place in the next few weeks) and make the program even more attractive to you all.

Here some info you should know.

-- Don't let our EPC make you nervous. We have two strong partners pulling it down and I'm working with them to pull it up. Our EPC without these partners is about $10.

-- We only have 2000 products in the data feed (out of 20,000) and we're going to have the full catalogue soon. Right now, the data feed is everything in we're sold 100 copies or more of.

-- We'll make an in CJ and out of CJ feed for everyone since people seemed to want both.

-- We're changing our commission structure over the next two weeks. You'll like it more. I promise! It's more than fair I think. We're also increasing our cookie length.

Finally, we are in a very unique space and we offer a product no one else has. That is why I took this job. Also, I think it's the perfect product for affiliate marketing, and I want to design a program that works for affiliates and works for us!

I’m happy to share my email, but last time I posted my email in a forum, it got crawled and I spammed to death, so it’s bkirsch and just make sure to add @audible.com. Feel free to check in with me, let me know what you think, what changes we need to make to have the program work for you, and so forth. I’m available to help!

Thanks for warm welcome again.

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beth Kirsch:
    Hi all!

Thanks for the great feedback!!!!

This is a new job for me and I'm cleaning up this program. I've been on the job two weeks, so I'm moving as fast as I can.

I did not really think that the recruiting response would be so overwhelming to this post, I was just so happy about it, I wanted to share. I planned more to recruit when we launch ABW forum – I have all these fun promos ready for that -- think sales bonuses of MP3 players, iPods, or cash. But it would be great to get going, so lets go!!!!

I wanted to make sure that everyone joining our program was aware of a few things. I’m making some program changes to scale this program (they will be in place in the next few weeks) and make the program even more attractive to you all.

Here some info you should know.

-- Don't let our EPC make you nervous. We have two strong partners pulling it down and I'm working with them to pull it up. Our EPC without these partners is about $10.

-- We only have 2000 products in the data feed (out of 20,000) and we're going to have the full catalogue soon. Right now, the data feed is everything in we're sold 100 copies or more of.

-- We'll make an in CJ and out of CJ feed for everyone since people seemed to want both.

-- We're changing our commission structure over the next two weeks. You'll like it more. I promise! It's more than fair I think. We're also increasing our cookie length.

Finally, we are in a very unique space and we offer a product no one else has. That is why I took this job. Also, I think it's the perfect product for affiliate marketing, and I want to design a program that works for affiliates and works for us!

I’m happy to share my email, but last time I posted my email in a forum, it got crawled and I was spammed to death, so it’s bkirsch and just make sure to add @audible.com. Feel free to check in with me, let me know what you think, what changes we need to make to have the program work for you, and so forth. I’m available to help!

Thanks for warm welcome again.

Cheers,

Beth<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread