well....

Since I joined CJ back in 99 I never had a problem with Cj check's until my check for 10/20/03...

I agree that so far Cj always pay's on time by the 20 of the month and that I will always get my check before the 27, so on thursday 10/30, I complained that I have not received my money.

They replay no problem, they will put a stop payment on that check and send me a new one on monday 11/03 and that a stop payment fee of 25.00 will be taken from your current account balance, but on the morning of Friday 10/31 I got my check on my PO BOX and I quickly send them a note to stop the stop payment so I save the $25.00 stop payment fee and be able deposit the original check since it was not lost, just late on arrival ( Note: It was meter post from Santa Barbara on 10/28, {I think they f*** u* by mailing it late this time, not me for getting impatience and thinking it was lost in the mail or stolen}. But.....

Now that I learn this lesson, next time I will wait until 15 days after the 20 before I complain again about my check.

They tell me that the stop payment has been reversed, however the fee of 25.00 remains since the bank charges for the initial request to stop payment.

I will not argued who is right or wrong at this time, but I will pay the fee now and learn more about the price of doing business online.

I'm going to have to agree with the $25.00. You requested a service, which the bank charges $25.00 for.

You agreed to the fee but received the check 1 day later. The bank still charges there fee no matter what the issue is.

I am still trying to figure out how the bank figures it’s worth $25.00 to type Stop Payment on check #7494746.

Who is going to send me $25.00 for doing what they do daily. I took all of 1 sec to type that out. I want $25.00 a sec. PLEASE!

ABW Ambassador
    Good reason to use direct deposit!

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I Knew you was going to reply to this post <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sounds like you have a fan Sandra.. aren't you lucky!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jan72:
    SandraR
    I like you, I Knew you was going to reply to this post, by the way..... start making my new picture for when I quit smoking next year

"I am still trying to figure out how the bank figures it’s worth $25.00 to type Stop Payment on check #"
    Me tooooooooo!
    Hey, every body wants to make more money, even just to stop payment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jan72,

I quit smoking on January 1st of this year and have not regretted it a bit. I did not even regret that I had to buy a new Van because the smell of smoke is now repugnant.

A tip: if you like carrots or celery or any veggie type food, raisins even. Keep them in every location you can think of. I put raisins in all my candy dishes. If you’re into fruit do fruit the same way!

I gained 20lbs within 1 month, jogged my ass off to get rid of it. But it was harder than normal. I spoke to my doc about it, and he did the normal "Spoke Greek To Me" something about an olefactor or some such who knows what, then he said eat less. If I was a psychotic I would have gone postal on him. SO I loaded my house up with fruits and veggie everywhere! Now it’s not an issue.

DO NOT DO ATKINS if you do get fat, it makes you want to smoke.

To help you stay stopped, if you drink coffee/booze DO NOT STOP DRINKKING IT. When you go to grab that smoke, crunch your fist and go outside for a walk - FAST WALK. The reason I say do not stop drinking coffee/booze is association, if you quit drinking booze/booze while quitting smoking you will associate those 2 beverages with a DIRE need to smoke. Just suffer it out since you’ll be suffering anyways get it all over at one time!

I picked these tips up while trying numerous times to stop smoking. The above way finally worked.

Remember to get rid of youre ashtray!

I recommend direct deposit as well, if it's available to you. As for the $25 charge, normally it's the person who sent the check that's responsible for paying the charge. If I stop payment on a check that I write for whatever reason, I'm the one charged for it by my bank, not the intended recipient of the check. It's not the recipients fault the check didn't arrive.

At the very least, CJ should split the difference with you.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Some banks will also waive the fee when requested. Maybe CJ can ask their bank to waive it due to the fact that they did send the check out late. Or at the very least, split it like Andy said.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Three days late? There isn't any good reason to having stop payments so soon after they are due. Three days after you normally receive them and you put a stop on it?
    I have to go with CJ on this one. Not their fault impatience ruled.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Kind of OT here, but I don't understand why YOU have to pay the stop payment fee.

It is CJ's check, CJ's bank, therefore CJ's fee to pay.

If I write the light company a check, and they call 15 days later cause they haven't received it yet and they ask that I put stop payment on it in case it is lost and issue them a new one, I have to pay the stop payment fee, not the light company.

I would be telling CJ to stick their 25.00 in their behind. *LOL*

Side note here. Did you know that stop payments are only good for 6 months unless you pay to renew it again? If someone takes a check that has had stop payment on it and the stop payment hasn't been renewed, you can cash it.

This just happened to my mom. She wrote a check over a year ago and then put stop payment on it. Last month she gets an overdraft notice saying THAT check had bounced, but that they had paid it and she owed the bank the amount of the check, plus fees.

She calls the bank up and asked how a check that had stop payment on it a year ago and was over a year old could be cashed and they told her that the stop payment is only good for 6 months, then you have to pay to renew it again.

I thought that her bank was nuts, so I called a couple other banks and asked and they all said the same thing.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Hi Michelle, and thank you for your support.

I agree on your post but:

I was ready to loose those fee just to keep on going but now as you can read my last update above, I will take it one day at the time, ( I say one day at the time) but if another week pass by and this is not resolved by CJ, well......... Time will tell...........

<big>This is my last post on this topic.</big>

I will like to give thanks to all of you that reply to this thread that I started on November 03, 2003 11:46 PM and now is time to let it go away since the issue has been resolved in my favor finally.

--------------------

Now I will like to give thanks to Commission Junction for finally fix the mess that was created with that check and for credit the $25.00 fee back to my account, also I will like to apologize to Cj for my last email reply.

I know that I went a little overboard, but on the heat of the moment I was not thinking about the money, just about this "because we have not received a W-9 form from you"

In conclusion:

Thank you CJ for resolving the issue, now I can say again that you are back on top of my main merchants resources.

Note: Before anybody wonder why I Talk to CJ from here, you should know by now that the CJ direct email feature is a little bit complicated and eventually this post will get there faster.

(70)

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread