Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Adarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2008
    Location
    CHD, India
    Posts
    692
    Excellent thread and very useful information.
    One question I would like to add, what does it take to join SAS?
    My website is fairly new, no traffic and I'm yet to finish the T&C, Privacy Policy, FAQs. This will be done within a week. But there is no traffic and no members at all. Will SAS allow me to join as a merchant?
    Please advice ..

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by toptenservices
    Excellent thread and very useful information.
    One question I would like to add, what does it take to join SAS?
    My website is fairly new, no traffic and I'm yet to finish the T&C, Privacy Policy, FAQs. This will be done within a week. But there is no traffic and no members at all. Will SAS allow me to join as a merchant?
    Please advice ..
    You can join but what would the motivation be for affiliates? Sign up to a program that has nothing but an empty website? How would we convince people to go and participate in something that isn't there? Having a fancy website does not make a great website.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador Adarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2008
    Location
    CHD, India
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    You can join but what would the motivation be for affiliates? Sign up to a program that has nothing but an empty website? How would we convince people to go and participate in something that isn't there? Having a fancy website does not make a great website.
    Hello FlamingoWorld,

    Thanks for the reply and your valuable feedback.
    I'm so into programming the site that I didn't give it complete thought. I have contacted a few well-known companies to get leads (intially, I have thought to buy 10,000 leads). What do you recommend, will that be good enough to join in or should I buy more?
    I understand, before joining a program, experienced and top performing affiliates judge a program fully. What else would you recommend apart from the leads?

    Regards,
    Ady.

  4. #4
    Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2008
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,049
    Topten, are you considering being a merchant and paying on leads or paying on sales? Obviously if you plan to pay on sales then your website needs to be up and running and able to sell before you can expect any success with an affiliate program. If you're paying on leads, that might be a decent way to drive traffic but I'd still agree with flamingoworld that you need some quality content up to prove to people that your site is worth using.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador Adarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2008
    Location
    CHD, India
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishaLyn
    Topten, are you considering being a merchant and paying on leads or paying on sales? Obviously if you plan to pay on sales then your website needs to be up and running and able to sell before you can expect any success with an affiliate program. If you're paying on leads, that might be a decent way to drive traffic but I'd still agree with flamingoworld that you need some quality content up to prove to people that your site is worth using.
    Thanks for the information FlamingoWorld and TrishaLyn,
    I understand and fully agree with you. Content is king and to make some reputation and faith among site visitors and members, it can't be overlooked. However, its a classified site (Products display site) where sellers can display their products and buyers can buy products without even creating an account. It is a little bit different idea from what you see at amazon.com, ebay.com and other sites which charge 1). Charges per product listing, 2). Commission charge on every product sale, 3). Pushing buyers/sellers to use a particular 'transaction method'.
    I don't really find any room to put content. I mean, what a site like Amazon do to put content apart from getting 'user reviews' of products. Thats what exactly will by my source for generating content.
    As FlamingoWorld mentioned, "It is a catch 22, you need content to draw people but you need people to get the content." This is what Amazon, Ebay and thousands of other sites do to generate content from users. They do a lot of other things to generate quality content and I can't really compare my site with them right now, but I do understand where you coming from. I believe, I have to put my mind together to two things. Content and Leads. lol I guess, everything revolves around these two entities.
    Regards,
    Ady.

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    The issue is why would people want to list their stuff if no one is there to see it. And why would people come if there is nothing to buy. I really have no advice, I have no idea how one would make it work.

  7. #7
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Split from TrishLyn's SAS thread because this is more a discussion of a specific type of program that is not on topic with the original thread topic

    Carry on...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Is Expedia a viable affiliate program
    By Witzer in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 5th, 2014, 03:00 PM
  2. Is eBay Classified Advertising Right For Me As An Affiliate Marketing Rookie?
    By Jeffoski1083 in forum Building Traffic, Newsletters & Advertising
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •