Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Merchants on SaS - Like it?
    We're looking to start a program on SaS and I'm looking for opinions of the merchants that already work with SaS

Generally speaking I've heard good things but I'm curious to hear more from the affiliate managers and merchants that work with them.

Is the reporting good?
    Easy to add creative?
    Anything I should know?

I sent an email to those folks but haven't heard anything back so I'm wondering about other merchants and their experiences?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I bet you will get more than 95% positive feedback from all aff managers and merchants from what I have read about sas

I manage 3 programs and work with SAS for all of them and i really like it. The reports are easy to use. Creatives and datafeeds are easy to upload when i call support I get a live person every time.

I am very happy with them

That's my guess as well... like I said, most of what I've heard is a general rumbling that they're good, but I've never hear specifics, which is what I'm looking for.

I could be wrong, but I think you can sign up for a merchant account and look around prior to making any payment to go live.

If I am wrong, I'm sure Brian has some type of tour that you can take to get a look at everything for yourself.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs up specifics
    SAS will go OUT OF THEIR WAY to help you.

My question is THIS...

?Why did you chose to ask the question on this fora?

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    ?Why did you chose to ask the question on this fora?
    I hadn't yet heard back from their sales team and wanted the opinion of merchants that work with them in the practical day-to-day workings.

I did hear back and they gave me access to a demo account. Everything looks laid out pretty well, but experiences do help to make a decision easier. Thanks for the opinions!

Hands Down - The best!!!

I currently manage 2 programs on SAS and have managed others on other networks.... SAS is way ahead in the race!!!

Outstanding support.... easy to use interface and RELIABLE!!!!

"SAS High School Football Rulz" - Bill and Ted 1989
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Have you checked out the "Best Of" voting from last year?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=103086

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Merchants and Affiliates like it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I had not realized they'd won so many awards. I'm still interested in any anecdotes or specific experiences anyone would like to share.

to answer the real question here...

I've used SAS in the past and will use them again (we are in the middle of setting up the account and testing), when we had some problem affiliates who were not sticking to the T&C they helped fix it.

an example of one of the more recent times they helped: we had a program that ended in april, someone was still running a PPC ad on our domain name (never allowed by us) during the early morning hours. Since the program was no longer active we didn't have a way to track down the affiliate just by the number, they contacted the affilate to stop running the ad even though we did not have a current account with them.

We've no idea why someone would let something go that long without being in the program, but since the product was so seasonal (for volume orders) they may have set it up long ago and forgot.

If we were still an active mechant account with the old program we could have also filed a PPC violation with SAS which helps other merchants in the long run; because if an affilate does not follow the T&C in one area/program they may also be doing it in others.

Skip
    Last edited by CCBerries; October 22nd, 2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: grammer & too little sleep

Outsourced Program Manager
    I recommend SAS to my clients
    I have run huge programs and tiny affiliate programs since 1998. I highly recommend SAS.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

http and a telephoto
    Easy to use, reporting is great, affiliates are great. What else do you need to know? Bulk creative uploader, easy to upload datafeeds, Make A Page tool, widgets and ability to create affiliate videos. Need more?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I currently run 12 programs at SaS (+ announcing 2 more shortly). Over the years the total number of ShareASale-based programs I've managed (including the two that I'm about to announce) has added up to a total of 30 programs.

As any other network, ShareASale has things to work on. The difference between SaS and most other affiliate networks is that they listen, respond, and continuously improve. They are also highly ethical and transparent (because they have nothing to hide), which matters a world in affiliate marketing.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi
    I love SAS, the reports are enough, the interface works, easy to send out newsleters, easy to add bonus's, etc etc

BUT most of all Brian listens :-)
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Yes, they are GREAT, but like anything else, use properly. Common pitfalls, ALL of which may be avoided include:
    - Running the affiliate program on autopilot (Sounds like you won't be doing this)
    - Allowing bad players to join that bid on your trade name. Solution is simple enough - do manual approvals.
    - Allowing bad players to join that advertise coupons that don't even exist thus fraudulently stealing your traffic. Again, manual approval.
    - Allowing bad players to join that stuff cookies. Again, manual approval.
    - Allowing bad players in that will probably think of some other way to game the system. And they will. Manual approval.
    - Lack of promotion to get quality affiliates. Not a problem with you - you are already in the right place. Just run an ad here - you will get the best players.

SAS, from an affiliate perspective, IS the best player. And they are taking measures, all the time, to improve quality. Also they are taking measures against bad players as well.

If you go with SAS, I would suggest you run a datafeed and use autodeposit - these are two options I always specify when searching for merchants.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Manager felipe.cortelezzi's Avatar
    - Support: fast and accurate responses by phone, email or chat
    - Reports: getting the data you need of every transaction is fast and easy
    - Upload: upload and organize promotional tools is very fast and easy
    - Newsletters: filter and send newsletter to Publishers is fast and easy

Etc!

In less words: everything is fast and easy! I definitely recommend you Shareasale Network.

Felipe.-

Awesome, thanks for the added experiences. I'll be sure to follow your great advice if we end up launching this program. We're still in the entry stages of things.

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Trisha,

SaS is the best network to join, especially for first time merchants.

Chris

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    ethics are their foundation and are second to none. SAS is still my very favorite and preferred network - and i don't just mean personally, i mean professionally.

Thumbs up SAS the Best.
    Hi ,

I have recently joined as Affiliate Marketing Manager. SAS is the best network it has made my life easy. It has excellent reporting feature and the customer support is prompt. Please go ahead and join the Network.

Veena Bidla
    NO SIGS = BAN WARNING
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; November 1st, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

Welcome aboard Veena. You should read the rules before posting again. You've already broken 2 major rules in 3 different posts. You are not allowed to promote your program without a paid announcement and you are not allowed to create a manual signature.

Repeated abuse of the rules will likely get you banned by the mods.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thumbs up
    I signed up for SAS recently and this is what I've found...

Is the reporting good?

Besides the standard click metrics, SAS has several reports that other high end affiliate softwares don't have. For example, they have a trend chart where you can look into the performance of individual affiliates. You can also compare several affiliates and see how they match up against one other.

I'm not sure if I missed it, but one thing I wish they had was keyword conversion charts. They have referrer tracking which is helpful in doing this manually though.

Easy to add creative?

Extremely easy. I had close to a dozen that I made prior to signing up. Within minutes all my creatives were added.

Anything I should know?

Nothing out of the ordinary. I'm pretty happy that I signed up. I had to call them once to figure out issues with my shopping cart and they were more than helpful. The rep I had provided great service.

Charles

Dear Rematt, Thanks. Sure Ill keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

I wanted to know more about widgets at shareasale. I want to use it for promotions. Kindly help me.

Veena.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast