EPC Explaination
    Hello All Members..

This is my first post in this forum, and I Joined SAS, now I have direction related to EPC..

In every merchants there is a list of 7 days EPC, and 7 Days Average Sale.

Now, please refresh me,,,,

Is the sales and Earn showing in every merchants 7 Days EPC and 7 Days average sale generated by affiliates or the merchants, or both?

Please refresh me...

Thank you

15 years and counting
    Welcome,
    Earnings per click will simply tell you, for example, how much commission will be paid for every 100 clicks you sent to a merchant.
    Let say, if the EPC for a merchant is $20, you can expect to earn $20 for every 100 clicks. It's true on average and in a perfect world. Unfortunately, affiliate marketing is far from perfect. Not all clicks are created equal. Not all clicks are made by buyers. You have bots, parasites and many other factors affecting EPC.
    One important element is missing to decide what to do. The sales volume. Most merchants are considering this information proprietary. The EPC doesn't mean too much without this information. At least SAS is giving us an other indicator PowerRank based on several parameters including revenue generated and conversion.
    "Is the sales and Earn showing in every merchants 7 Days EPC and 7 Days average sale generated by affiliates or the merchants, or both?"
    I'll say, it's sales generated thru SAS including Affiliates and Merchants. Some merchants are using SAS to enter their own direct sales. In this case they are paying SAS on their own sales (It means also they can manipulate their EPC)
    7 day EPC is the average EPC for the last 7 days, 30 EPC for the last 30 days. SAS has also a very useful graph to show you the trend.

If you're an affiliate, remember a high EPC does not guarantee success and you should still do your research when joining programs.

Excellent post Zeus.

EPC is only really useful when you KNOW the traffic sources that go into its calculation.

Hi Zeus...

Thanks for your kindly reply, it does answer my questions. I understand now that those EPC can't be trust since sometimes it combine the affiliates and merchants sales...

I see that there are lots of lots merchant that only have 0 EPC, although these merchants is seems join SAS long enough.

Have you any experience in promoting those kind of merchant and resulting in good conversion?

Thanks again Zeus..

15 years and counting
    I don't mind promoting $0 EPC merchants if they fit the offer on my websites. You have to do your home work to check WHY this merchant is not closing sales.
    The site may be offline, the tracking pixel may be missing, bad designs, low quality products, high prices, other affiliates offers on their sites... Check also the process up to the cart...
    I found some gold nuggets with $0 EPC just because the merchant didn't have the right affiliates and didn't know how to promote their activities.

I found some gold nuggets with $0 EPC just because the merchant didn't have the right affiliates and didn't know how to promote their activities.
    So I guess you have found those converted merchants :-)

My problem with these merchants is just what you have mentioned above, I don't know how to promote them, especially the online store that contain many many products. If I make Adwords ads, I always feel that the ads won't relevant enough and too broad for promoting those merchants.

If I could learn from your experiences, what is the best method for you in promoting most of your joined affiliate program in SAS?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia3
    If I could learn from your experiences, what is the best method for you in promoting most of your joined affiliate program in SAS?
    To disclose his "best method" would mean to loose his competitive advantage. So it is unlikely he's gonna tell you (or any other affiliate, for that matter). What you can do though is read around this very forum, and fish out ideas for your own work. The Affiliate Academy forums may be good to start with. Also, using the search tool you will be able to find the threads where a similar question has been asked.

Best of luck, and welcome to ABestWeb!

Geno

Hi Geno...

I guess you've got the point there...

Well, I should do my homework than..I will check the academy and try to explore anything related to what i'm curious about.

Lot of SAS merchant do not let affiliate bid using their product keyword name, I know that they protected their brand, that is why I wonder how to implement this, I just need to find more related keyword right? I guess.

Thank you for your advices..

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia3
    Lot of SAS merchant do not let affiliate bid using their product keyword name, I know that they protected their brand, that is why I wonder how to implement this, I just need to find more related keyword right?
    Right.

+ there is a myriad of other ways to market products/services online besides PPC.

Geno

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread