Search Box inside the shop
    I really like being able to show a search box in the shop. Currently, the box shows at the top of your shop.

Can you please give the option to add the search box to the bottom of your shop also? I think the search box at the top is sometimes overlooked because they start looking at the items displayed. I think it would be beneficial to have it at the end of the shop because if they don't see what they want they will most likely type something in the box and continue looking. Having the option to put our own text in the search box would be great also and maybe having the box a little bit longer too

Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    I really like being able to show a search box in the shop. Currently, the box shows at the top of your shop.

Can you please give the option to add the search box to the bottom of your shop also? I think the search box at the top is sometimes overlooked because they start looking at the items displayed. I think it would be beneficial to have it at the end of the shop because if they don't see what they want they will most likely type something in the box and continue looking. Having the option to put our own text in the search box would be great also and maybe having the box a little bit longer too

Thank you :-)
    I, too, would appreciate that option. I would probably not use the one at the top. The display will probably format a bit more smoothly without it there.

Of course, it is possible to create a separate search box and place it wherever I like. But some days I tend to be lazy.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    I know you want these options available through PopShops (which would be very nice) but thought the below might work for you.

Here's a stand alone search box option you can place anywhere on the page:

You won't be able to see it but there is a round button image next to the search box. You can create a button image to match the same size. You can play around with the box size to suit your website. You will have to set up a search shop for the results to display.

<form action="your_search_page_name.html" target="_top" style="margin:0; padding-top:2; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:4px; padding-left:0;">
    <input type="text" name="psps_search" value="" size="18" maxlength="100">
    <input type="image" src="your_search_button_image_name.gif" width="25" height="22" border="0" align="absmiddle" alt="Search">

Someone might be able to give you a cleaner code but hope that helps.

Dan gives some instructions here that might help also:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=103152

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread