Unhappy Corrected Sales for the item that is not returned
    Hi All,

I am new to all this but I had one of my sale corrected. In this case I actually knew the buyer and I know it has not been returned.

Sale: October 22
    Extended: November 6
    Corrected: November 12

Can they really do that? Without any reason given?

What should I do next? Contact AM, CJ?

I appreciate your help in advanced.

Thanks,
    Sam

There really is not much you can do other than look for an straight dealing program. Any time spent trying to get your money would likely waste your time and they will do it again so look for a cleaner retailer.

If you want to bark up that tree start with the Am.

Care to tell us who it was?

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    There really is not much you can do other than look for an straight dealing program. Any time spent trying to get your money would likely waste your time and they will do it again so look for a cleaner retailer.

If you want to bark up that tree start with the Am.

Care to tell us who it was?
    Thank you for your insight. It's really not about just one sale but it's about trust, If they are going to do this than I wouldn't want to deal with them again.

To answer you last question, It was WebHostingPad

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acpd
    Thank you for your insight. It's really not about just one sale but it's about trust, If they are going to do this than I wouldn't want to deal with them again.

To answer you last question, It was WebHostingPad
    Thank you for naming the merchant - it's a good warning to others to watch the returns on that merchant.

I think you absolutely should at least open a trouble ticket with the network to let them know what happened. If you have absolute proof that the sale was not reversed, that's against the TOS of any network. You might even end up getting paid which would be ideal.

Meanwhile, merchants who do this type of nasty deserved to be outed and never have another affiliate.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Web hosting vendors are notorious in reversals. Do a search on "web hosting" in this forum.

New affiliates fall for the lure of big commissions offered by web hosting vendors. I got off the web hosting niche when I realized like many others here, how its filled with unscrupulous vendors.

i just about asked if it was web hosting related ;-) but i wanted to keep an open mind.

I have gone so far as to provide a previously named host the cookie information for a sale i personally made for a client, that never even registered as a sale. Needless to say their links were removed, the sale was canceled (refunded) and my client is still with the other host i picked following the non tracking sale.

It might be easier if we had a list of hosting companies in or out of a network that tracked as this does not seem to be a rare issue. The pricing structure is to competitive... close to 100 bucks commission in some cases for a service that only brings in 70 a year.

Can we start some list here that we can all share for the these type of merchants? I could go first.

(1) WebHostingPad - Reversed sale (My brother is still using the web host)

I feel like asking my brother to switch host, they are cheating anyway. What kind of future should he expect from WebHostingPad?

I will try to contact CJ and let you guys know what they have to say.

Thanks,
    Sam

canceling is always an option :-) that's what i had to do with hostgator

bluehost picked up on that, paid the self referred sale and has been reliable, but you're mileage may vary

Did you contact the merchant? It would be interesting to hear why they reversed the sale. Did they reverse the wrong sale or some other mistake or are they doing this to other affiliates as well?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by acpd
    Can we start some list here that we can all share for the these type of merchants? I could go first.

(1) WebHostingPad - Reversed sale (My brother is still using the web host)
    Sam there is a forum for this type of information: Test Purchase Reports . Perhaps a mod can move this thread for you.

Sorry that you had to find out this way, but there are merchants that are dishonest and have no problem cheating their affiliates. It's also unfortunate that Commission Junction is unlikely to intervene and will probably tell you that this issue is between you and the merchant. You would think that if you get cheated that they also get cheated, however they would probably prefer to quietly collect their network fee as opposed to piss off a merchant, even if they are stealing from them too. No point in killing the goose, if ya know what I mean.

The best advice I can give you has already been given by others. Contact the merchant and CJ with all of the data that you have regarding the purchase. Make sure you include relevant dates as well as the order number and the name of the purchaser. It's quite possible that WebHostingPad will pay you on this order since they have been "caught". You should, however, stop promoting this merchant immediately and drop them as soon as you receive your payment. There's no doubt in my mind that they will continue stealing from you every chance that they get.

If, however they do provide you with what you consider a reasonable explanation as to why the commission wasn't paid you should update this thread with that information.

I tend to not trust merchants that miss "Test Purchases". What are the odds that the only order that a merchant "missed" payment on is the one that we know about?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    Did you contact the merchant? It would be interesting to hear why they reversed the sale. Did they reverse the wrong sale or some other mistake or are they doing this to other affiliates as well?
    I know what the response will be. It will be that you are supposed to drive affiliate traffic. You can not refer your own clients, relatives or yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Sam there is a forum for this type of information: Test Purchase Reports
    Actually acpd is reporting this lost sell, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Actually acpd is reporting this lost sell, not me.
    He signed 2 of his posts with Sam. Just adding that personal touch .

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Update: They told me it was self-referral. The domain name was under my name so i guess i know what happen now. I thought this wasn't going to be an issue but i was wrong.

Thank you all who responded to my questions.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread