Red face Eat Crazy
    I can't quite get this nature food thing. I see people who are supposed to be Big and Fat getting these surgical procedures done and then they when they lose the weight they don't look as happy or as vigourous as they did when they were big. I believe they are going against their own genetic code and indeed shortening their lives, literally.

I don't think the so called medical establishment knows exactly what its findings are. And sure you can cart out all the stats about longevity, still I feel the quality of life is surely being infringed upon. Perhaps, and in my personal view it isn't about how long you live, but how.

When I was younger I dieted a great deal and was very thin at times and kept at it for many many years. I was also a vegetarian for 8 years and of course I've fasted more than anyone on this Earth.

But at this late date I'm eating everything in site, candy, chips, cheese, meat of any kind. Sodas anything and all things. Funny thing is that I'm not really getting fat much, but I'm sleeping better and feeling better knowing that in the morning I can have all the buttered bread that I can eat, and eggs and bacon and lots of bagels and cream cheese with my sugered coffee and half an half to the brim. It sure all goes good with all the smoking I do, both legal since the new medical marijuana card I have.

It's the food, Man. I sure don't want to kick the preverbial can knowing that I ate like a Rabbit or something. And yes I sure do admire a person who has lost much wieght and works out! I love that slender type of person and that cool edge that comes with such activity.

But it sure is cool to see someone really big like 700 pounds big... It's like looking at someone who can squash a vw bug with his or her fist, a real turn on from my perspective.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar

Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think Clay and I are gonna be good friends. :-)

Clay, while I agree that starving one's self and being deprived do not add to the quality of life, there ARE some limits.

Feeling good is key - Someone who is 700 pounds can't possibly *feel good* other than feeling satisfied after eating a box of Twinkies just because they tasted great. Meanwhile, they're carting around at least 500 extra pounds on a body not designed to do that on a 24/7 basis.

If you're ready to die, fine. I say eat and drink everything and anything that tastes good. If not, maintaining a healthy diet for the most part will definitely improve your quality of life.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

dudes got the munchies haha

yeah like all things it's about being reasonable they say people who starve themselves end up eating more later to make up for the craving they have. The body has a way of telling you what you want, so if you crave something give it a second thought (ever hear of a pregnant woman craving dirt? reality is stranger than fiction)

keyword>>> reasonably

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I think Clay and I are gonna be good friends. :-)

Clay, while I agree that starving one's self and being deprived do not add to the quality of life, there ARE some limits.

Feeling good is key - Someone who is 700 pounds can't possibly *feel good* other than feeling satisfied after eating a box of Twinkies just because they tasted great. Meanwhile, they're carting around at least 500 extra pounds on a body not designed to do that on a 24/7 basis.

If you're ready to die, fine. I say eat and drink everything and anything that tastes good. If not, maintaining a healthy diet for the most part will definitely improve your quality of life.
    I hope that we do become good friends, Rexanne. Consider though that carrying 700 pounds is a real workout every single second. That's pretty good exercise and the person doesn't need to join a gym!

Clay,

I think that medical marijuana has warped your synapses.

carrying 700 pounds is a real workout
    How many times do you see an obese person riding the handycap scooter around the grocery store? Are they riding it just because they are too fat to walk? I think in many cases they are.

Well, great post. I read your post and suddenly I remembered my past years of dieting and work out and all. I had been blessed cause I'm kind of person that can gain and loss weight easily. Just lucky!

Stay healthy...

Eat crazy
    People generally feel happy to eat the thing which they like most. As if some of us see pastries and cakes we just become crazy leave the work we are doing and run towards the pastries to eat. However a famous saying is there excess of everything creates a problem. It does not mean you eat less as well as take care of your health. If you have health problem and you are avoiding to take medicine You can try yoga.

Maria0809

Eating natural foods isn't fighting your genetic make-up but it might be fighting family and cultural habits. If you were "rewarded" with candy or other treats for good behavior as an infant and later while growing up then it has been taught that those kinds if foods are rewards and it is a hard association to break. A lifetime of being barraged by fast food ads and ads for highly processed junk is quite a mountain of condtioning to overcome.

Can you honestly tell me that an organically grown tomato doesn't taste better than the shiny supermarket knock-off that taste more like bland cardboard than a tomato? Have you ever eaten an apple that wasn't covered with pesticides and wax then eaten one of the red delicious fakes that they have the nerve to call apples? Natural foods taste better. You can be pretty sure that Mr&Mrs Cavepeople weren't scarfing down trans-fats as no such thing even existed. I am not even saying that natural foods will add years to your life but if add the good stuff into your overall eating patterns perhaps you might change patterns without feeling deprived and without a doubt you will end up with more energy, nicer skin, and have a higher conversion rate (this last one is just me being sillier than usual)
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    Clay,

I think that medical marijuana has warped your synapses.

How many times do you see an obese person riding the handycap scooter around the grocery store? Are they riding it just because they are too fat to walk? I think in many cases they are.
    I agree with this comment.
    I had foot surgery recently and went to the grocery store and couldnt get a cart that i really needed and would never use unless i couldnt actually walk around the store on my two feet.
    Guess where they all were???
    Being used by the morbidly obese because they are unable or unwilling to walk around the store.
    This is so upsetting.
    I always wonder if they are embarrassed or do they feel it is their right?

Tiffany

not good
    Eating variety of foods in a day is injurious. What more for this so called "eating like crazy" thing? You see animals thrive best on simple foods and few kinds, so will us, humans. But considering the trend nowadays, whatever fancies our eyes, we tend to indulge ourselves no matter the consequences. Nonetheless, only one word best describe this - "discipline" - I said this before and I say it again.

I weighted 104 Kilos last month, now I'm 96. I'm on Fruit Diet . I will love being fat instead of getting surgery.

Ahhh very Intresting

no too
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    I weighted 104 Kilos last month, now I'm 96. I'm on Fruit Diet . I will love being fat instead of getting surgery.
    Getting fat is also not good. You will "undergo" surgery too in the long run...remember the biggest man on earth? He did surgery just to get rid of even some of his "fats".

eat to the max . as long as your eating healthy foods and living a healthy lifestyle, your weight is not a problem.

I think what you need to keep in mind is that surgical procedures really are not the best way to lose weight. it's still (and probably always will be, at least in the foreseeable future) through diet and excercise. Yea, you can be big and still in reasonably good health, but you need excercise. And no, carrying 100+ extra pounds of fat while walking does not count. Think about what that does to your knees and other joints. It doesn't strengthen them, it hurts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    I can't quite get this nature food thing. I see people who are supposed to be Big and Fat getting these surgical procedures done and then they when they lose the weight they don't look as happy or as vigourous as they did when they were big. I believe they are going against their own genetic code and indeed shortening their lives, literally.
    As far as people abusing the mobility carts in stores, I have to agree. My dad has MD, and it's a real pain when he goes to the store and can't find a scooter because they're taken by people who "can't walk". He's finally had to get a van and his own scooter (he can really only walk around the house, and even then must use a walker and leg braces), but it was definitely an eye opener to see how these amenities are abused.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread