Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I didn't see anything bad said in the Pay Pal thread, so am just wondering where it went!?!

I'm sure I had at least one cheeky answer to reply to LOL

I agree where did that thread go?

I was busy complaining about it... Dang is there a glitch?

SandraR<FONT face=Arial size=2>

</FONT>

A new worm going around was manifesting itself in the form of a Pay-Pal update. Someone posted about it, and everyone started attacking Pay-Pal. It had nothing to do with them, just another member looking out for the welfare of other members. Whether or not Pay-Pal is good or bad can be raised in another thread. I take no sides, just saying what i saw.

-gray day
    "Be really whole and all things will come to you"

-Lao Tsu

ABW Ambassador
    Attacking must have happened while I slept because it was quite light hearted when I left!

Again, impartial observer . . . . but some I hate PayPal remarks were seen. However, since we're on the subject, I personally would like to know what the previous issue was, as I reccomend Pay Pal, cause it seems so easy, and would like to know if something is amiss. This seems like the time to bring up the previously deleted thoughts.
    (it seems like the mod's had a good reason for removing as the intended thread was warped a bit)

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

sorry for the dup, meant to be an edit.

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

ABW Ambassador
    I have no idea...... Pay Pal is the only way I can take payments currently, so I'm not speaking against them

It was me who said HATE and bad mouthed PAYPAL.

I cannot help myself it’s like a twitch now, its automatic. YES MY FUALT!

But you cannot ever get me to back down; pay pal is a scourge on the system. When they stop demanding you maintain your credit card online, when they stop demanding to get it all completed by giving them your checking account and all cards and your first child.

Then and only then will I lighten up on them?

And if you say well you do not have to------RIGHT ----to stop it all.

But then they make you wait 7 days to start all over again and give you GARBAGE! Because you refuse to keep an account with them you are obviously committing fraud and that’s why we exempt you. And if you drop an account you cannot start another with that card. It must be fraud.

I do not want them to have access to my info, whenever they feel.

If they think because I refuse to maintain an account with them I must be committing fraud, well then 99% of the shopping carts are doing it wrong. We had better keep everyone’s credit card information FRESH on our systems and DEMAND that they give us there checking account info and what ever else we believe we need to make sure we have all possible financial information on a person possible.

MY ASS!

</FONT>

Right on! I knew you where waiting to blow up!
    F any company that does that, and F any company taking a "Free Trial" period with the the good trust of a c.c. number. Cancelling with the fraudsters is just straight up impossible. Try subscribing to, um, how I can I say this withou getting in trouble . . . that really popular news groups online player, for free! then try to unsubscribe, thirty minutes of my time. Back on subject. . . Free is NEVER free.

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

Most people may not understand so here’s an example:

I want to buy a product from SamyT

I create an account with paypal and they request all kinds of info. I send it -- alls good. Then they request I agree to policy and if I want to be a full member give them my checking account and any other credit cards. I am thinking Hey I bought what I want SEE YA!

So I delete the account.

2 years later:

Chris has a great program but only uses Paypal. So I go to paypal and create a new account, they are all mad that I did not agree to there update policy and since I did not agree I am now flagged and need to wait 3 days for a confirmation.

Wait 3 days

Now I have to use a different card since I deleted that account and to use the same card it must be fraud. So I use a different card and get my program, as I do not want anyone to have my info on there system I close the account.

1 year later

James has a neat shirt I want to buy, DAMN paypal thing again. Yes-same situation as above but now I have to wait 7 days. STOP deleting your account we want your credit card information on our system or it is construed as fraud. WHY did you not agree to our monthly policy statement? SIR I am not using your service why do I need to agree?

Just keep all your credit on our system and you will not have issues.

TODAY SCREW PAYPAL

</FONT>

OHHH I had better add its $1.95 per card. you get it back MY ASS. Sorry you did not give us your checking account and all your cards. Until you do that we can not refund your $1.95

JERKS>

Wait, but would't you want your credit information secured? Don't mean to split hairs here, but aren't they trying to protect you?
    Seems like they are trying to be safe, perhaps oversafe, but that keeps me snug in my bed at night.

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

Grayday,

My credit card is safe by the bank that issues it. They are not trying to be afe, they want full access to all your financial info!

PERIOD

</FONT>

Excuse me, perhaps I have misunderstood, if so I mean no ill intentions.
    What are they trying to obtain (not just for me, but for those I reccommend Paypal to), honestly, just wanting a reason to no refferr them,

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

Sandra, all in good conversation, please don't take offense.
    http://bmxers4christ.homestead.com/f...ce_on_butt.jpg

-gray day

-Lao Tsu

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra,
    for the sake of argument, do you not write checks, or pay bills? Do you only pay cash, wearing gloves and a mask, from people in vans in back alleys? Do you not shop at all? No matter where or how you shop, records are kept. Pay a bill by check, they have your routing number, same as PayPal, or am I mistaken?

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

What you do not understand is SHOP and GO!

The store you visit does not demand you maintain an account with them. They let you pay and go your way!

</FONT>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grayday:
    Sandra, all in good conversation, please don't take offense.
    http://bmxers4christ.homestead.com/f...ce_on_butt.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hillarious you have me cracking up!

ha ha ha ha aha ha ah

</FONT>

GrayDay,

They suck becuase they are like Microsoft people need them and so they take advantage.

There is no one else out there yet, I can only hope one day someone will come along and clean there CLOCK!

Maybe thats what we should be doing?

</FONT>

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra they pay a bounty on new accounts, so that is why they act like that. It is a sensible policy.

Chet

Chez,

I hate to be a butt on this issue, but PAYPAL is wrong.

Just because Wal-Mart killed all the mom and pops does not make them right.

Just cause Wal-Mart pays only part time and advertises full opportunity is not accurate.

PAYPAL wants it all, they want you to leave all your financial data with them, and if you do not agree with there policy change, if SOMEONE sells using Paypal you suffer.

Dang it I have the same passion on this as you did the domain thing. ITS WRONG.

It’s convenient so people look the other way but it is not right!

</FONT>

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra, didn't you say you sell stuff yourself? Haven't you dealt with a credit processor? Talk about like it or go to hell, I find paypal much easier to deal with than our 3 previous processors. Only now with wellsfargo/authorize.net do I feel I am getting the same level of support and consideration.

The problem for paypal is, they are bringing people who have never been merchants before - into the world of being a merchant. And what is the number one rule for merchants when it comes to payments??

The merchant is always wrong.

Chet

Yes Chez,

I use chase Manhattan, we do not require you keep your personal information permanently on our system. We get your payment and leave you alone. PERIOD.

</FONT>

ABW Ambassador
    It's not always possible though.... merchant gateways etc here cost a bloody fortune!

I thought PayPal was great, until I opened my CC bill and saw a $480 charge I didn't make. I contacted the CC company, and disputed it.

The day the fraudulent charge was made, I'd paid for 2 eBay items using PayPal. The CC I used through PayPal hadn't been out of my wallet in 3 or 4 months. I called PayPal, and they said NO WAY could it have been them.

Uh-huh. Just coincidence, I suppose. I removed my CC information, as well as my checking account information, and haven't used them since. Now when I see something on eBay that I want, and they only accept PayPal, I E-mail the seller of the item about my experience. They always write back and tell me to bid anyway, that they'll accept a check, money order, etc.

It's my understanding that PayPal isn't a bank per se, and doesn't have to meet the same requirements as a bank does. Since eBay purchased PayPal, maybe things will get better.

Andy

I use PayPal for my main, non-affiliate business, I love them -100,000- every year.

PayPal is not intented to be "payment processing system" for small online businesses. It's intented to be Visa or Mastercard of online transactions, which made $1,5 billion worth business sense to eBay.

You should maintain your PayPal account like a credit card or bank account, if not you'll moan like SandraR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast