Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Affiliate Relationship Notice
    Received 2 of these today. I have had a few sales for both of these advertisers, but I guess that wasn't enough.

We are contacting you to inform you of important program updates to the aaaaaaaaaaaa affiliate program that will affect your affiliate relationship.

aaaaaaaaaaaa is in the process of revamping its program at Google Affiliate Network and has recently completed a review of all affiliate publisher activity. Upon review, aaaaaaaaaaaa has determined that your current affiliate relationship, through xxxxxxxxx, does not align with its redefined program strategy and objectives.

As a result, please be advised that your site will be discontinued from the aaaaaaaaaaaa affiliate program on November 26th. Therefore, please remove any creative or links you are hosting on your website by November 26th.

I received two today as well. I was assuming that they were pulling out of coupon sites maybe? I've had sales through at least one if not both of them in the last couple of months.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I was also going to suggest this is aimed at coupon sites. But, I doubt the BIG coupon sites got the same notification.

ABW Ambassador
    Are you talking about Leaps and Bounds, One Step Ahead? Got those as well, same company. Did ok with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Are you talking about Leaps and Bounds, One Step Ahead? Got those as well, same company. Did ok with them.
    Yes indeed.

I got it as well. No coupons used here.

Question, how in the heck do you find a particular merchant's links if you use the BYOL function at GAN? The link looks like this:

<a href="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=4100000002700xxxx">Product Name</a>

where the lid is a sequential number.

Argh. Another reason I find GAN hard to work with.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I got it too - maybe they're moving to another network? A lot of merchants do this when they're about to close their program or move.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

All that annoyance makes me feel better about not getting accepted into the Google Affiliate Network, I'll stick to the other 8 where I'm active. Of course, I'm seeing plenty of drop outs on those networks too.

Is anyone pushing for RSS notifications or a better Active/Inactive system? I wrote CJ and CPA Empire about making it clearer who has dropped (using something other than e-mail) for notifications, both had less than encouraging replies.

Best,

Justin
    [i]Always interested in great B2B affiliate programs that serve Sales and Marketing professionals. Private message if you have something.[/i]

ABW Ambassador
    >>>redefined program strategy and objectives.

That is merchant speak for we have our heads up our XXX

ABW Ambassador
    got the same message from both. What a wonderful time of the year to remove affiliates

What you are seeing are companies cutting back. Employees with 30 years of loyal service are being called into offices or even worse just getting an email to tell them of they have been terminated. Giving you a 2 week notice is poor form but I'm afraid there will be a lot more of it to go around. If you have done pretty well with them it might be worth your while to email or call and tell them what it is you have to offer them in the way of potential NEW customers. All merchants at this time are looking both for repeat sales and additional revenue streams. It take manpower to monitor a massive number of affiliates so I'm sure they are looking for those who stand out as sales producers.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    What you are seeing are companies cutting back. Employees with 30 years of loyal service are being called into offices or even worse just getting an email to tell them of they have been terminated.
    I'm not exactly sure how terminating affiliates is saving them money. An affiliate is the most cost effective "employee" a company can have. No cost for benefits and they only pay for results.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I'm not exactly sure how terminating affiliates is saving them money. An affiliate is the most cost effective "employee" a company can have. No cost for benefits and they only pay for results.

-rematt
    Hear hear. It's such bizarre behavior. Why do people insist on shooting themselves in the foot in this way?

My favorite is when they suspend programs because of "budget" issues. How do you run out of budget on a system which inherently makes you more money than you can ever spend on it (unless you're dumb enough to pay out more in commissions than you take in in profit)?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    It take manpower to monitor a massive number of affiliates so I'm sure they are looking for those who stand out as sales producers.
    or-- the AM's are afraid for their jobs and they think improving their EPCs will save them.

It sounds like the just scaled down their program, dropping about 3000 affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by rematt

-rematt
    Yessiree, there are still quite a few clueless AMs out there.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was about to apply because they have some interesting products that would be perfect to promote on my "No Child Left Behind" site. Now I'll just have to use one of their competitors. You betcha.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I'll bet their AM deletes files from his laptop to make it lighter too.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Outsourced Program Manager Ronald Marva - SEOP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    >>>redefined program strategy and objectives.

That is merchant speak for we have our heads up our XXX

Cool. They have a nice way to euphemise termination of affiliate agreement....

How to make the unpalatable more palatable....

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I didn't see the one mentioned in the first post, but today I got Relationship Deactivated by Leaps and Bounds with zero notice. Oh well.

Yeah, me too, Leaps and Bounds and One Step Ahead both for me... This is one crazy holiday season.... My biggest fear... The bankruptcy that will happen in January before we get paid.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I got the termination letters as well from this outfit. Really weird, must be some new manager working there who obviously does not have a clue what they are doing. If they checked their stats they would see at this time of year last year I made a number of sales for them. Well all I can see to them is GOOD LUCK as your sure going to need it with such actions. Obviously they don't read this forum if they are still deactivated active affiliates 2 weeks later...

I have several sites using their links so it's not just coupon sites.
    Last edited by glittered; November 26th, 2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread