House Set to Pass Anti-Spam Bill

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

They better hurry before this spreads!

Man gets "spam rage"

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    I think there was an episode of Law & Order where an old guy actually killed someone who was spamming him...sounds very similar - ripped from the headlines, or whatever their slogan is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    They better hurry before this spreads!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031121/80/eemvv.html

_Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!_

__Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way.__ Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

ABW Ambassador
    This is the worst piece of legislation passed about the Internet. This will destroy my mail service. I host mail for some 25,000 users - this is not about sending, it is about receiving.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The House bill, which would override state anti-spam laws, would allow businesses to send unsolicited e-mail to Internet users until they are asked to stop, an approach that some anti-spam activists say would only lead to more spam. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This means, spammers will just create new companies, blast out 10 billion emails, get asked to stop - start again.

They already do this.
    Skylist.net? actually 15 different domains, all pretending not to be the same guy.

And how does this work small lists you run? What if users don't want unsolicited mail, but the lists? Do you dare send it to them?

This is a technology issue passed by people with no grasp of technology.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK....from a consumers viewpoint.

ROLMAO as the DMA and IAB crumble from consumer outrage on gorrilla marketing practices. Fax Blasters ...axed. Telemarketers hanged -drawn and neutered. Spammers and Opt Out marketers soon to be internet dinosours.

The DO NOT E-MAIL list I predict will be signed by 200 million internet users far surpassing the Do-Not Call list by folks worldwide. Merchants will be forced to kiss value added affiliate reseller's butts as their own e-mail campaigns get deliverables shreaded and their lawyers tied up in the FTC and State courts.

This move is done to isolate the billions of spamms coming from USA servers and those overseas by common IP#s and hosting domains. Phase II is to then blacklist complete blocks of IP#'s and even countries forcing the overseas ISPs and spam hosting companies to unplug the spam farms or no longer be able to send any e-mails to USA -European -Canadian -So. American -Aussie -Japan or other affluent counties consumers. Either Nigeria -Russia -Balkins -India -Israel -Korea seekout and unplug their spammers or they get no POP3 e-mail deliverables.....period.

Only one more hurdle to complete the consumer outrage and that will be pressure from the SE boardrooms to clean the SE spammers from their listings....even if it means whacking off at the kness certain types of affiliates doing tricks for clicks. If you think this won't happen just ask the 50,000 Telemarkets laid-off this Christmas how their industry clout fared aginast consumer backlash. They though they were protect by their huge DMA lobby and soze of their mega million dollar employers. Small fry powerless affiliate marketers have no voice or chance to compell those who think their marketing tactics stink and are a waste of their valueable mouse click time.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 22, 2003 at 12:42 PM.]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread