Open Thread to CJ :Product Catalog searching
    CJ,

We know you visit and maybe even take hints from us on what might be nice so i thought I'd drop a line your way since the products i'm trying to pull are hidden in a mess of unrelated crap. For some time I have bitten my tongue when pulling products via the get links / products, but tonight it's enough already.

If we search for canon we should not see sony (very bad tonight i think something is broken)

When we sort by price it would be nice if the following search was ordered the same, we shop for price just like our visitors.

If we have been declined, expired or ended the relationship with a merchant there is no reason to display their products it wastes your bandwidth, cpu cycles and our time.

If we ask for 200 products we should see 200 products on the next search

We should be able to limit the results to a country of choice, there are no advanced search options for product links.

>>>>>>>>>>>
    Now that we have waded through the catalog to find the SINGLE product we wanted we can build the link.

Thank you for keeping the PID of choice first on the list for use that is one step we don't have to request over and over.

Please do the same with open in new, encryption and hide tracking code in link!

Each of the request above represent a process we need to wait for and as such makes the process of getting multiple links cumbersome. Anything you can do on even a few of these points would result in a time savings for the affiliates, reduced bandwidth for your network and additional product listings for your merchants resulting in a better bottom line for all of us!

I've seen good results from the product links used in a niche, it's a shame that it is dragged down by such a time consuming process.

I submit these ideas for your consideration

Yea
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Well said Mr B - all good requests, too. Thanks!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

how about just killing the PartStore feed they have thousands of product matching for everything under the sun, but non of which i'm searching for.

Last night i was able to load 5 deep product links for different products from another network in the time that it took to search and filter your relevant product listings...none of which were relevant. the only way to pull product links from you currently is by advertiser based product searches...nothing else is even close to acceptable.

bump

CJ

I don't know if your reading this but it seems like you have fixed some of the results so at least it's as good as it was but have you looked at the results? The full product detail inks are not available although text and image links are.

maybe you could display the

now 1/2 usable, but still the same lethargic process

ok seems i was wrong irrelevant results still choke what should be a smooth process.

work around

in firefox look up the advertisers you want products from and right click & open in new window so that you can search the product listings from the advertiser of choice

shift from tab to tab reviewing products until you find the price point you want then go get the code. add your sid and make any updates and pull your link. If you want the product detail link, right click to view source and pull the last link form at the bottom of the page from
    to

wow

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread