ABW Ambassador
    If a visitor clicks on a link for eBay & then places a bid, we get $.05. Does this still apply when they set a maximum bid amount, so that eBay will automatically bid for them until they reach that amount?

Side note: I placed about 5 bids on an auction last night & they still haven't shown up & CJ has tested all of my links and confirmed that they are tracking correctly on their end.

Are we only credited for the first bid, or all bids? It was my understanding that it's all bids & not uniques or first bids...

Supras | Celicas

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm not in that program, but this is from their Detail Page:

"Your site links must be used as navigation to eBay prior to every bid transaction in order for you to be paid for the bid."

Looks like you would have had to go back to your site and reclick their link between every bid...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    OMG! That's complete horse$#!*

think we can convince them to change this? prolly not cuz that would mean more money for us, which they have proven to be against...

so, if I follow a link, place a bid, or two, on an auction & then do the same on another auction w/out going back to my site after the very first bid, that whole process only earns me $.05??
    AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Supras | Celicas

Yep, you only get the nickel for the first bid! But think about it. There is a way to increase your nickels!

Let's say you have a site about doll collecting. And you have a page dedicated at your site for Barbie with all the links to retail sales of Barbie. At the bottom of the page you suggest ebay as a source for all those barbies that are no longer available for sale in the retail world (The collectibles.)

Instead of just placing a banner for ebay, or even a link directly to the Barbie section of ebay, use the Editor Kit and display the first 25 selections currently up for bid at ebay.

Here's the important part: Place a statement at the bottom of the box: "If you did not find what you are looking for today, bookmark this page and check back in a week." I go on to explain that most people who sell on ebay post an item for a week. If they don't find it today, if they keep checking back, eventually they will find it.

This works better if you hone down the search. Have a page for all the "Ken" dolls, and a different page for all the "Midge" dolls. And only show those items in your search results.

Now what would be easier for somebody? Going to ebay each time and searching for themselves, or coming back to your site and checking the list that you've already created for them?

This works very well for me. I've noticed a large increase in return visitors to my site since I started this. Today has been an exceptional day! I've already had 15 registrations and 21 bids through 5:13 p.m. today.

The great part about this is that people are finding what they are looking for. They click on the link, go right to the item, join and BID! Remember, they have to place a bid in order to keep the $5, so the more specific you can be in helping them find what they are looking for, the better your commissions will be.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

it sounds to me that you can only make money from new user registrations. these $0.05 per bid is even lower than CPC programs and making a bid is much more difficult than making a click. why can't they pay base on final fee?

i am not sure if ebay really worth the effort. I think new registrations are gonna slow down at some point.

Tech Deals & Coupons at: http://www.xpbargains.com
    Tech & Family Coupons: http://www.xpcoupons.com
    Best Credit Card Offers: http://www.best-card.com

I agree. I'm going to replace my ebay links soon.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

For a lot of websites it probably isn't worth it. It really depends on what people are looking for when they arrive at your site. People who come to my site are very often looking for something that isn't made any more. Their best chance of finding what they want is at ebay.

I used to get a lot of emails for one item in particularly. Now, I have a page at my site for the item explaining why they can't purchase it at retail stores any more (the manufacturer discontinued the line), and that ebay is their best bet.

This is a win-win situation for me. Not receiving the emails any more saves me time. Directing them to ebay is making me money. Yesterday alone I made over $90 from ebay.

If people are coming to your site looking for brand new widgets, they probably wouldn't be interested in used ones at ebay. If people are looking for Antique Widgets, why wouldn't you point them to ebay?

---

I'm not sure if you're correct that you only get the $.05 sale for the first bid. I am pretty sure that I continue to get $.05 every time that ebay automatically enters in a new bid for a person that has set a maximum amount. I know yesterday I had almost as many sales as I had click-throughs for ebay. This would be very unlikely if I only got credit for the first bid. It looks like this is continuing today, as I'm seeing lots of sales on mediocre click-throughs. Since I tend to see a lot of these $.05 sales "streaks", where I will see a lot of sales come through in a very short time, I believe that I get credit each time a bid is made, by the person or by ebay's system.

Hi David,

As Leader directly quoted above, the link must be used for "every bid transaction."

You are very fortunate that people arriving at your site are finding what they want at ebay and bidding on it. Those are awesome statistics. I had 256 clicks yesterday, resulting in 17 leads and 32 bids. Not all my clicks are as fruitful as yours. Congratulations

---

Actually I think I'd rather have your ratios. 17 leads on 256 clicks looks great to me! I'm seeing about 1 lead for every 75 clicks. I'll take your lead ratio over my bid ratio anytime.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread