Coupon Feed?
    Hello,

I recently joined SAS. Joined few programs and exploring different tools provided by SAS. I think SAS provided good number of tools for affiliates.

I have a question though.. Is there a way to get the current Coupons & promotions from merchants that I am affiliated with though a feed? I know not all merchants provide feeds but for those who provide them can this be done...

I am really new to using feeds, so some help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anup

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    SAS has a deals database where you can download/ftp a list of current coupons and deals just for the merchants you have signed up for. At the top of the page menu look for "Coupons/Deals" link.

Seymour,

Thanks for the quick reply.. I saw "Coupons/Deals" link and I saw the Build Database link as well... I think that's a great feature..

Can you offer some tips on how to automate this process.. Let me give an example.. Lets say I want to build a site on Jewelry.. So I sign up for MerchantX which offers a jewelry affiliate program.. At any time this merchant might have X number of coupons .. On my site I want to display current coupons for the merchant without having to manually build the database as mentioned above... I am aware of GoldenCan feed but that doesn't offer feeds for all merchants..

Any tips on how to proceed ahead?

Regards,
    Anup

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I am a coupon site and the coupons/deals I get from my SAS merchants is automated. I have a script that runs each morning that....

1) downloads the deals file via ftp
    2) parsees the entries in the file and adds coupons to my coupons database table and adds deals to my deals database table.
    3) my pages connect to the database tables and automatically display coupons and/or deals where the expiration date is less than or equal to today's date

All of this is done automatically daily by having a cron entry call my php script(s).

That's great.. Glad to know this kind of thing is possible

I will focus my attention on how to get this done for my site.. I have a site using PHP/MySQL..

One quick question.. I assume you download the whole Deals file (XML) right? It seems to me there is not way to get a file having deals only for your merchants..

Regards,
    Anup

Another quick question, can I use "Make A Page" functionality to create pages related to only coupons?

I tried to created some pages but everytime I searched for the word "coupon" there were no results... This happened even for merchants that I know are having coupons right now.. So my guess is that "Make A Page" can be used only to create storefronts..

Either that or I don't know how to use it

Regards,
    Anup

Seymour,

Just saw the thread you started on Automated FTP

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=107417

I think this answers most of my questions.. If anyone can offer an insight to "Make A Page" question above, that would be great....

Thanks again,

Anup

Quote Originally Posted by anupm
    Hello,

I recently joined SAS. Joined few programs and exploring different tools provided by SAS. I think SAS provided good number of tools for affiliates.

I have a question though.. Is there a way to get the current Coupons & promotions from merchants that I am affiliated with though a feed? I know not all merchants provide feeds but for those who provide them can this be done...

I am really new to using feeds, so some help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anup
    Hi Anup,

Welcome to ABW!

If you're new to using SAS datafeeds, you may save a lot of time by reading this old thead by Shawn Kerr. (Mobilebadboy) How to FTP and Import SAS datafeeds

And this thread by SeymourButts. Automated FTP of my Current SAS Database?

With those two threads you should be all set to handle the datafeeds and coupons feed from SAS.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread