ABW Ambassador
    well, it seems that SitePointForums.com has banned me for speaking the truth about my experience with one of their heaviest advertisers: Opt-Media

It must be nice to be able to have any negative comments deleted, I assume because of the money spent on advertising on those forums...

I've had several posts deleted, which were not rude, but were not flattering for the company. I replied to a thread in which people were posting their experiences w/ Opt-Media. I replied, interested in something I read, sent a PM to their rep there, which was ignored. I then posted again asking if he got my PM, knowing full well that it was read w/in 6 minutes. I sent him another PM, which was also ignored (& read w/in 3 minutes). I posted again that he hadn't replied. That's the first time all posts of mine in that thread were deleted.
    This is all after he previously broke their privacy policy and posted personal information on another thread in that forum. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and thought this rep could get over his mistake. I guess I was wrong.
    So, I cancelled my account with Opt-Media and just posted that I did so and why. Nothing bad, just the facts, w/ no emotion whatsoever. And, I just saw that that post has been deleted as well.

These are all facts and cannot be construed as libel. This post is meant to educate other members and to keep things fair. I could expand, and truthfully mention worse, but I'll leave it at this.

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

ABW Ambassador
    I just received an email from SPF. Now, it's a temp. ban because of multiple posting. No warning, just insta-ban...great policy.

That still doesn't excuse posts being deleted because they speak the truth about one of their advertisers. The reason for the multiple posting was to see if it would still be removed if it was posted in a different forum, possibly one where Opt-Media didn't have so much influence.

This is yet another reason why I love ABestWeb, appreciate the members here, and respect Haiko for being a stand-up guy

So, keep this in mind for anyone venturing over to SitePointForums.com and wanting an honest view about a company...you won't get one. It's not their policy, which is basically what they explained to me, and what I witnessed first-hand. Apparently, members are only allowed to post positive comments about companies...after all, it can't just apply to posts about Opt-Media, that would be hypocritical

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread