Loads of Removal From Program emails...
    First I got a removal email from Leaps N Bounds / One Step Ahead. I don't know why, I have produced several sales for them this month - no violations. Today, removal from Uncommon Goods, even though I've had sales close t $1000 for them for several months running and am over $700 MTD for them (they don't want to associate with 'coupon' sites - mine includes coupons among MANY other things: I've written to them to rethink). Circuit City is going bankrupt. Linens N Things is liquidating. Just as my site is really taking off with top 5 Google and Yahoo placement in organic SEO for some great terms, I finally am making a livable income from this and am optimistically preparing for Cyber Monday, my relationships are dropping like flies.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

You're not alone...

That's why it's imperative to partner with as many merchants as possible... AND don't depend on Google for all of your visitors..

Thursday I applied and was auto approved for an affiliate program. Friday I got a removal letter from them saying I was removed because "low page rank". I just laughed and didn't reply. Merchants this naive are a waste of time.

It's hard to understand when merchants should be building their affiliate program they are tearing it down.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I'm so glad I've got a database driven site. With stuff like this I think php/MySQL is as imperative to learn as HTML/CSS if you want to succeed.

I thought I'd start smaller and really work closely with a select group of affiliates. The strategy has paid off so far. When you have a smaller group of relationships though, its easier for 10% of your business to be gone in a flash like that (sorta like where I am). I'm already applying to more programs.

Guess its just one of those 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' things.

I'm really perturbed at my last removal email though. Received late on a Friday - deactivation with no advance warning. Just a 'thanks so much, see ya' from an active affiliate relationship. Sheesh. This is a new manager though - the previous AM sent out an email just days before with no indication of this.

It just seems bad that people would do this right before the holidays. I hope they don't do this closer to big deals like Cyber Monday, etc..!
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

If you're a short-sighted merchant, you'll want to cost cut your way through this tough holiday season.

If you're a slightly longer-focused merchant, you'll know that now is the time to ramp UP your affiliate programs to try to grab market share.

Edit: If I were a competitor to Leaps and Bounds, I would be offering EXTRA commission to affiliates in order to motivate them to switch out their links ASAP!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread