Is it possible for clicks to track, but not sales?
    I have a problem with a CJ program that is tracking clicks properly, but not sales. Is this possible, to have one correct but not the other? I know of two purchases made from my site and neither of them tracked, but the clicks did. I notified the AM and he gladly credited my account, but that wasn't the point. What about the future sales?! Is there a way to have this link verified? The AM said it was tracking properly, but I've witnessed otherwise. Any advice on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Potsie
    Is it possible for clicks to track, but not sales?
    Absolutely. Clicks are tracked by the network, sales are tracked by the merchant and reported to the network. If there is a tracking problem on the merchant side or the merchant is less than honest, it is possible for sales to not be tracked and reported properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Potsie
    I notified the AM and he gladly credited my account, but that wasn't the point. What about the future sales?! ....... The AM said it was tracking properly, but I've witnessed otherwise. Any advice on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated!
    Since the merchant seemed to have no issue crediting you for the sales, it would appear that they acknowledged them as legitimate transactions. If as the AM said, the sales tracked properly, then it would appear that they simply decided to cheat on the commissions or they lack the technical competence to run an affiliate program.

My thoughts on transactions like these has always been; "what are the odds that the only transactions that don't track are the ones that I know about"?

My advice would be to report them to CJ, out them here, stop promoting them and drop them as soon as you receive your commissions.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I don't really like the tracking of sales and clicks, I seriously just had 2 sales that were made on 11/02 post today. It is actually getting on my nerves.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread