More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I received an invitation from art.com to join their new inhouse? program that runs parallel with and separate from LinkShare - commissions are 25% and the agreement seems to prevent adware interference.

Is this a sign that art.com needs "us" back?

Always Keep The Legs Moving!

I have a bit the impression that many poster merchants feel squeezed by allposters, because quite a few make programs with very similar rates and incentives.

Yes it was a pleasant surprise in the mail

I don't know why they changed in the first place, their Indie program was great.
    Since they've been at LS, little sales but lots of non-commissionables.

Quite funny since I just finished pulling all their links and changing to AllPosters lol!

ABW Ambassador
    don't you mean, art.com goes BACK in house? I was forced to change to allposters when art.com went to linkshare and i'm so happy i did... without allposters I'd be earning a lot less money. Art.com can drop off the face of the earth as far as I am concerned.

I just checked out Art.com's new in-house program...the sofware is pretty nice..

Interesting that Art.com's higher commission structure has caused AP to suddenly hike up their structure.

I've heard though that Art.com links convert much better. I plan to try switching just some of my links to Art.com just to see how they perform.....

It would be nice if all the old art.com accounts still worked. I know they've been tracking sales for the past year, even though they would not be paying any commissions from them. I would have made over $70, just from links that I didn't find when I switched all of them to allposters.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    As the non-commissionable commissions sales at LS indicates, 10 return days is not enough!!! I was losing over 50% of my dollar sales was non-commissionable. I remember the days when their cookie duration was infinite. I don't expect it to be infinite again butthey have to offer many more cookie days than 10 to get me back.

I'm bitter

At the moment I'll promote allposters over art.com, at least allposters started with no cookies and is getting better.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

ABW Ambassador
    Just switched out my allposters to art.com inhouse and will see which one is better. Will give them 500 clicks each and post the results.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

ABW Ambassador
    Allposters has no parasites - enough said.

Hi everyone,

I am an affiliate account representative with Art.com and I’d like to clear up some misconceptions regarding our perceived policy towards parasite-ware. Art.com DOES NOT pay commissions to parasite software for any sales we determine are a result of hijacking another affiliate’s referred visitor to art.com. We have historically deactivated ALL accounts that engage in this parasite behavior, and we would like to give you our complete assurance that our current in-house affiliate base does not include any spyware or parasiteware providers.

Art.com has worked hard to ensure that affiliates get full credit for any sales originating from their website. We are very confident that you will see strong performance with our program and we strongly encourage all affiliates to see the results for themselves. Our confidence is a result of our efforts to reward affiliates by not supporting parasite-ware, offering return days, offering high commission rates, and providing your referred visitors with an excellent shopping experience that results in high average sales!

Thank you and please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns.

Tracey
    Art.com Affiliate Account Rep

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We have historically deactivated ALL accounts that engage in this parasite behavior, and we would like to give you our complete assurance that our current in-house affiliate base does not include any spyware or parasiteware providers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Really? I see you listed on iGive.com as a merchant. So much for that theory eh?!

Hello,

I would like to clear up any misconceptions about iGive and their participation in Art.com’s affiliate program. The iGive Shopping Window enables users to donate a portion of their purchase to their favorite charity. iGive is different from spyware, scumware, and parasites for the following reasons:

· The iGive Shopping Window is fully compliant with the Codes of Conduct.

· The iGive Shopping Window does not redirect other affiliates' properly configured links. As per the Codes of Conduct, a properly configured link is either a known network link, or a masked link which contains the appended parameter "afsrc"

· The iGive Shopping Window is voluntarily installed by registered iGive members. Members accept the terms and conditions in the iGive Member Agreement.

· The iGive Shopping Window software is never bundled with other applications. It is never hidden in any way.

· The iGive Shopping Window is easy to deactivate and easy to uninstall.

Thank you and please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns.

Tracey
    Art.com Affiliate Account Rep

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    In-house is fine and allows for a higher commission and complete payment responsibility. On the iGive issue tell the world why Ad-aware and Spybot R&D flag it like Gator and Whenu as a system hijacking parasite.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    On another note, I feel betrayed by your affiliate program. I remember the days when the cookies was infinite. (I was a member of your affiliate program for over 3 years until sometime after you moved to linkshare)It was this way until you went over to linkshare. I went over with you reluctantly only to find that with a short 10 day cookies, there was more noncommissionable sales than commissionable sales.

All things being even I'll stick with allposters over you. They never screwed me. They started with 0 cookies and moved to 10 which is the right direction. Not from infinite to 10 days.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All things being even I'll stick with allposters over you. They never screwed me. They started with 0 cookies and moved to 10 which is the right direction. Not from infinite to 10 days.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes.. it's a bit like how Art.com went to linkshare and wanted us to not only change all of our links, but to accept half the commission we were getting.

re: iGive - RUBBISH.
    Art.com just doesn't want to be like Amazon.. Amazon opted out so iGive.com started popping up "dont shop at Amazon because a % won't go to charity (or our pockets)" type windows whenever a person with the igive application installed visited Amazon.

Yeah, that shows their business is legitimate doesn't it. Art.com, if you think that kind of behaviour is acceptable... well, it speaks volumes doesn't it. NO THANKS!

ABW Ambassador
    Art.com - educate yourself before you start looking really stupid.

iGive
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...3&m=4256065213

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to say but I think Art.com blew their opportunties long ago. I can't even keep track of where they're at with their affiliate program these days ... definitely a moving target.

I think they should pay affiliates a fat maintenance fee for trying to keep up with their changes. But it really doesn't matter to me. I switched everything over to AP quite some time ago.

Unlike most other people I have to say overall I love the Art.com affiliate program. They have been one of my best performers.

Question for Tracey: have you received my email?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread