Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Any good alternatives to NetShops or CSN Stores?
    I just read a rather disturbing thread in the CSN forum about lots of sponsored resorts in CSN Stores pages. I await, hopefully, some sort of explanation or at least more information about that problem.

    I've used CSN Stores on a lot of my sites, mostly through PopShops but some with a custom PHP script I put together to do simple "Best Seller" displays from the CSN datafeeds. I LOVE their great selection of niche shops.

    In the past, I used NetShops much like I now use CSN Stores. NetShops had/has a very useful datafeed tool. But when NetShops 1) lowered their already low commissions on many of their shops, and, 2) chose to move to PJN, I let my affiliate relationship with NetShops go.

    SO -- to the question I have in the title of this thread: Anybody know of a good alternative to CSN Stores and NetShops??

    I'm not ready yet to give up on CSN Stores and probably not going back to NetShops. But it would be good to look at something else...?
    Generate more fake news.

  2. #2
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I just read a rather disturbing thread in the CSN forum about lots of sponsored resorts in CSN Stores pages. I await, hopefully, some sort of explanation or at least more information about that problem.

    I've used CSN Stores on a lot of my sites, mostly through PopShops but some with a custom PHP script I put together to do simple "Best Seller" displays from the CSN datafeeds. I LOVE their great selection of niche shops.

    In the past, I used NetShops much like I now use CSN Stores. NetShops had/has a very useful datafeed tool. But when NetShops 1) lowered their already low commissions on many of their shops, and, 2) chose to move to PJN, I let my affiliate relationship with NetShops go.

    SO -- to the question I have in the title of this thread: Anybody know of a good alternative to CSN Stores and NetShops??

    I'm not ready yet to give up on CSN Stores and probably not going back to NetShops. But it would be good to look at something else...?
    My original plan was to make more that 100 CSN Stores, but so far I only still have less than 10 by now.

    And while I don't like the news of the day today, I am going to give Brent E. the benefit of the doubt for now, because I really like some of the CSN Stores, so a week from now we'll see what's the outcome of today's bad news.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    My original plan was to make more that 100 CSN Stores, but so far I only still have less than 10 by now.

    And while I don't like the news of the day today, I am going to give Brent E. the benefit of the doubt for now, because I really like some of the CSN Stores, so a week from now we'll see what's the outcome of today's bad news.
    Sounds like an excellent plan to me, too, Sal. Always good to hope for good news!
    Generate more fake news.

  4. #4
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    I, too, have done real well with CSN and Brent, and will not be in a rush to abandon them.

    I can tell you another sort of similar merchant to stay away from. Before CSN Stores, when I first started on SAS, I found Shopping Warehouse, which has a small group of stores, set up similar to CSN or Netshops. Back then, I spent a lot of time putting up their products, and basically, nothing sold. When I investigated further, I saw one possible reason, that I should have seen much sooner, but I was in need of a merchant to replace a couple that had gone belly up, and was just happy to see most of these products available. Anyway, the BIG problem was that their prices were much higher than they were with the replaced merchants, and than the prices at which they were generally available from other merchants (on and off line, affiliate program or not). Also, large numbers of their products tended to go out-of-stock, or just disappear.

    I replaced them with another even worse merchant, that eventually had its program closed by SAS. Then CSN came to SAS, and the rest is history. SO, I do not like these leaks, but I will be in no rush to go elsewhere.

    I'm hoping Brent will have some good news tomorrow.

    Also, as far as my sites are concerned, in promoting individual product links, insofar as from what I've seen, as these ads do not appear on individual product pages, it may not really be much of a problem, as far as those of us who operate this way, as opposed to others who use banners, categories, and other text links more extensively.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Also, as far as my sites are concerned, in promoting individual product links, insofar as from what I've seen, as these ads do not appear on individual product pages, it may not really be much of a problem, as far as those of us who operate this way, as opposed to others who use banners, categories, and other text links more extensively.
    I was going to post a suggestion earlier today to do exactly what you mentioned. Linking directly to specific product pages (that don't have leaks) usually results in higher conversion rates anyway. And the leaks would be of little consequence.



    X

  6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. NetShops script? How about a CSN Stores script?
    By writerguy in forum Cusimano.com Scripts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 21st, 2008, 07:19 AM
  2. Request for CSN Stores
    By webworker in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 31st, 2007, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •