View Poll Results: Should we put cookie duration along side EPC?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an affiliate: Yes, of course. It's good for everyone.

16 94.12%
  • I'm an affiliate: I don't care. Doesn't matter to me.

0 0%
  • I'm an affiliate: No, it doesn't help me.

0 0%
  • I'm a merchant: I'd be willing to do this.

1 5.88%
  • I'm a merchant: I don't want to do this.

0 0%
    ABW Ambassador
    When CJ started this EPC and Network Earnings thing, they told us it was to help us find the good merchants. Which it has. But CJ could further increase the effectiveness of performance ratings by showing the cookie duration alongside EPC and network earnings for merchants.

Having a notion for "cookie retention" would also be a big plus: 1 for first sale only, and 1+ for first and subsequent sales during cookie duration.

I'm 100% confident this would help raise the level of the network just like having performance ratings did to begin with.

What do you think?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry affjus, I didn't vot but here are my comments.....

It would help if it was on the daily activity reports more to me. I don't look for merchants often but when I do, I always check the term before I sign up.

Letting me see the cookie duration on daily activity would let me see if I missed something or a merchant changed the duration without giving notice. That's where I'd want it.

Also, my number one enhancement with CJ would be to allow me to specify date ranges for daily activity data. It urk's me to no end that I can only get clicks for yesterday and today.

I'd also want date ranges available for transaction data that allows a from and to date to be specified. Their canned transaction periods are less than flexible for trending and spotting patterns.

<>

Agree with that.

On the cookie issue, I didn't vote either. It's not that I don't care, I just don't know whether it matters that much.

chuck at sayata

I messed my previous post up. I did something wrong and part of the text vanished.

Anyway.....

I agree with what was said about setting date ranges for daily activity.

chuck at sayata

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    I don't look for merchants often but when I do, I always check the term before I sign up.

I guess we just use the system differently. I'm always looking for products and merchants. I find nitche products and markets and then try to find a merchant that sells that stuff. So many times, I do, only to find they have a zero or 1 day cookie. Total waste of time.

quote:

Also, my number one enhancement with CJ would be to allow me to specify date ranges for daily activity data. It urk's me to no end that I can only get clicks for yesterday and today.

I'd also want date ranges available for transaction data that allows a from and to date to be specified. Their canned transaction periods are less than flexible for trending and spotting patterns.

Again, I guess we just use the system differently. We really don't track CTR at all. Doesn't matter to us. Only sales/leads. Also, how do you track trends via a micro view? Doesn't it take a few days or even weeks to see anything? I mean, day to day variations can run 30-60% easily.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread