eComXpo virtual tradeshow
    I just got an email about the up coming eComXpo virtual tradeshow for eCommerce and Affiliate Marketers.

Do people here attend/logon to this virtual tradeshow??

I have been there a few times now. There are a lot of neat prizes and also some good preliminary info on merchants and others you might be interested in working with. Actually, that is how I finally heard of ABW. Trust and Snib were there chatting with me about something in the lobby chatroom and they told me about this place.

-sfcom

I logged on over a year ago but did not find any new information their. All I really saw was people looking for your contact information by offering to put your name in for a prize. I was just wondering if I was missing anything and it really did offer good information to affiliates.

Some of their education sessions can be good ... but there wasn't much of interest the last one I attended. There also didn't seem to be anyone at many of the merchant booths ... which was actually a good point as I got to read all the info without people IMing me to talk.

The first one I attended I did make some valuable contacts and there were some interesting presentations. But I skipped the last one - the previous one I spent less than an hour total time. I felt as tho the entire endeavour were set up to harvest email addys with little redeeming value provided.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I attend since it's online - there's nothing to lose except your time for at least logging in and checking it out. I haven't gotten a whole lot out of it yet except a few good session recordings in the eComXpo University area of the show. That seems to be the key benefit for me in "attending". And heck - the chance to win something is an added kick, I guess.

My former employer exhibited once - that didn't really get us a lot so I wouldn't really recommend that unless you're just looking for leads - like charpaula mentioned, it's a good place for harvesting leads.

One feature I noticed for their show coming up is that the email I got announcing it said I was already registered as a courtesy since I'd registered for the last one. The email contained a pre-done Calendar invite that allowed me to add the event to my Outlook calendar with two clicks. Pretty convenient I found.

ABW Ambassador
    old thread bump

Checked it out today, to sign up for some prizes and it looks like it's on it's last legs. Checking out which affiliate networks are there in the Exhibit hall. I see buy.at, ebay. Not there - CJ, Linkshare, GAN, Avantlink, SAS etc.

Prizes, only see 11 different companies with booth prizes. In the past there was a whole lot more.

I tried attending a couple of the presentations and the audio was terrible. Turns out they are using recordings from the etailexpo(?) only had one or two live presentations.

I know there are some with criticism of the event, but it was my first foray into affiliate networking, before the 2005 event I didn't know anyone else in the industry and there is a soft spot in my heart for it because of that.

Hated to see it go to a once a year event last year and even sadder that this will likely be the last one.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Yes I logged on to have a look around however their was nothing to see.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    We have a booth there so feel free to pop in and chat with us.

Yeah, one of the sessions I was more interested in kept playing to about the 6-7 minute mark, then restarting... even when they gave me a direct link outside the show interface, it did the same thing, so they said they were going to just give me the actual presentation.

I'm hoping its worth it, but doesn't seem like it is. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaLyn
    Yeah, one of the sessions I was more interested in kept playing to about the 6-7 minute mark, then restarting... even when they gave me a direct link outside the show interface, it did the same thing, so they said they were going to just give me the actual presentation.

I'm hoping its worth it, but doesn't seem like it is. :/
    Was that the airplane one? It sounded like it had promise but never got to hear it. The underwater audio was too much to take on several of them.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I went in yesterday to get a nice tall glass of PMA flavored "Kool Aid", while I was in the chat two of my postings got deleted ... when I asked why I got no reply.

It's never been this bad before, but hey at least we still know it's - business as usual - censorship, sunshine and lollipops.

BTW, now they've added "black boxes" and "Silos" - WTF??? Was that medicinal?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I went in yesterday to get a nice tall glass of PMA flavored "Kool Aid", while I was in the chat two of my postings got deleted
    Didn't know there was a PMA booth? what name is it running under?
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Not a booth, the hour long ad (presentation) with Bordes, Madigan and Waller moded by *cough* Molander
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I just checked it out and I'm sorry to see it in such bad shape. They just couldn't keep up with technology as it's a total mess of flash, frames and tickers. Now I can't even view the booths properly as they've added some sort of chat widget that flashes on and off like a strobe light. Completely unusable and seizure inducing. If they want to have any chance at surviving they need to completely dump their platform and start fresh with decent technology.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I was looking forward to contact many AM's that were present on the last edition.
    Nobody was there now. It was a good thing, really. Now it's useless.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

I stopped in today to take a look around and was disappointed that there wasn't really anything all that useful. I checked in over at the "Lounge" to network a bit and found nothing but sports conversation. Oh Well, maybe next year!

I actually got an email in show from one of the organizers asking for my candid feedback - boy did she get it!

I let her know some of the things I've been hearing (like that it's not as good as it used to be, last legs, etc) and told her my specific problems with the sessions, the lack of booths that I have any interest in, the perceived bias with having the same person moderate several sessions, and some assorted other gripes.

I invited her to email me outside the show and I'd be happy to give her more feedback and she seemed receptive to that, so we'll see if she follows up for more feedback or any kind of correspondence at all.

ABW Ambassador
    This thing is on again, only big network I see is GAN, only about 20 companies with prizes, it's getting lower each time.

http and a telephoto
    ecompxpo announced it merged with another company several months ago, I'm surprised there is even one going one. I was a huge supported of the first couple of shows, presented etc. I finally unsubscribed to all emails after the last show and apparently it worked, I had no emails that it was going on now.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Liz is getting spam from merchants even though she hasn't even logged into this show yet.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I spent some time there today, probably too much. Aside from the points of technology being a bit old now. The prerecorded sessions, while from a logistic point of view makes sense, seems a step back from where it was a few years ago. The only live session I attended was the 'dirty little secrets: taking the lid off affiliate marketing...', and I only attended it for the irony of Richter being on the panel.

The number of exhibitors once again seemed to shrink. Not sure any of them were actually manning the booths. The attendance, from what I could see in the lounge and various chat areas was dismal. Other than what seemed to be canned messages asking for traffic, there has been little interaction. I did what I could to help drive some questions in a session.

I do plan on popping in tomorrow as there are a couple of sessions that I think could be very good. I hope they are live for a better give-and-take feel. But overall another disappointment.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Tough crowd, lol. I like it from a business perspective, it is an interesting business model. One booth had 12 employees logged in at once. Odd thing was, I had just had a conversation with a friend about what a great job this one company had done for her, building organic traffic, and I happened to run into that company there.

So, I hate to go against the crowd, but I did find the concept useful and I made a good contact.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread