Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nigerian Scam Artist Asks Me For help.....
    I recieved a email from a scam artist in "Nigeria" claiming that I won millions of euro. I politely emailed him back stating that this was old, and your probably not going to go anywhere with this business, in not so many words. So I just woke up and checked my email and he emailed me back asking for advice!!!!!! OMG!!!! So I am going to email him back but I don't know what to say, I know lots of people get these if you had one email you for advice what would you say to him, besides I Have recorded your ip address and have reported you, which I already did....lol..... Thank you for reading and I know that the world is in trouble when scam artists are asking me for help. LOL
    Here is what he wrote to me on the first email
    Alhaji Olapede Mohammed
    Wema Bank Plc.
    54 Marina Street,Lagos-Nigeria
    Tel:234 703 922 4638 Fax:234 1 774 9238

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to officially inform you that we have received remittance instruction from Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Finance to effect without delay your total Prize Winning Contract/Inheritance payment from her reserve account in this bank and debit same simultaneously.

This bank was appointed after the recent Federal Executive Council meeting held in conjunction with the IMF, the Paris Club and the World Bank representatives to carry out beneficiaries payment due to the PERSISTENCE CORRUPTION THAT HAS BEEN INDULGED BY MOST OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA DUBIOUS OFFICIALS WHERE THEY HAVE CONTINUE TO DELAY CONTRACTOR'S PAYMENT FOR SELFISH REASON BY IMPOSITION OF NON-EXISTING TAXES. In telegraphic transfer all over the world, what the remitting bank does is to deduct all charges from the beneficiary's principle sum and remit the balance and you have been warned for your own interest to stop all your correspondences with any other party,office or individual because authority to effect transfer has been withdrawn from them

Before we proceed to transfer the above sum into your Bank Account, we would like you to re-confirm once again your Authentic Receiving Bank wire information. This measure adopted by the Wema Bank Plc, which is the appointed Bank of settlement for debts and services of the Federal Government of Nigeria is not to hurt you but is to guard against payment to a wrong beneficiary or transfer of fund into a wrong account.

We are going to expedite action on the remittance of your total sum by Swift Telegraphic Transfer immediately we hear from you.

Thanks,

Yours faithfully,

Alhaji Mohammed
    Director,International Remittance Office

I responded:
    LOL why don't you give up on this, the nigerian scam is so old. You won't really get any one to give you any information. The nigerian emails were on local and national news several times so please be smart and give this up for all our sakes.
    Jody

He replied:
    Please help me with the latest since am behind.
    Last edited by jodyq; November 17th, 2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I will put in the email from him and from me and from him again lol ur gonna love it.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

ABW Ambassador
    they are still trying to scam you. Why respond? Delete it

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    they are still trying to scam you. Why respond? Delete it
    I reply to all of them usually it is rejected, this one he came back and asked for personal help on how to make his scam better.

They wont stop emailing me, I get at least 50 a week, I have a paki last name so many who email me use that in saying that my cousin died in pakistan and left millions of dollars to me blah blah blah, i respond in good faith that maybe one will rethink this evil way of getting money out of people, just because I am not that gulible doesn't mean that some people aren't.

ABW Ambassador
    You have too much time on your hands. Get a hobby

Its not the too much time on my hands, it is my wonderful ability to multi task Like right now I am typing here but on my other screen I am creating a new blog, and twtng and cooking a pizza

ABW Ambassador
    you are cooking a pizza in your other window? Cool

lol

I came upon a website a while back of a group that makes a game out of playing these scammers. Wish I could remember the site name. It was great. At one point he actually talked the guy into sending him $80 or so in cash. He had him paint a supposed religious symbol on his chest and send a picture too.

I've played a few CC scammers along. I got one to send me six different credit card numbers over the course of a few weeks. I promptly reported each one as stolen along with all the contact information I could get out of him. Those credit card numbers had to have cost him money to purchase, so he ended up being the one to lose.

At this point I'm not sure what you should tell your Nigerian. You should be able to come up with something you could make him do.

X

yea I am thinkin I have it in me LOL this even made my mother laugh, and she is a hard woman to get a smile out of.

Too funny. Tell him the best advice you have is to GET A JOB By doing so he won't have as much time or need to come up with scams.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Arrow
    some have buddies in this country. best to ignore and delete.

his ip was in the us i did a search on it. in kentucky of all places lol

the website for the guys that reverse scam the nigerians is http://419eater.com/index.htm

they spend months jerking the scammers arround.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries
    the website for the guys that reverse scam the nigerians is http://419eater.com/index.htm

Yup, that's the one I think Ed was thinking of. I had bookmarked it a while back when I found it. I check back every now and then to see what funny stuff they come up with next. The photos are hilarious.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Not a Sucker
    This lady claims she is not a sucker...I say uh....you are.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453125,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    This lady claims she is not a sucker...I say uh....you are.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453125,00.html
    I read that a few days ago. The part that gets me is that she CONTINUED to send money after everybody, including law enforcement, told her it was a scam.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

LOL... Poor woman, the only difference here is my name is by marriage. Iget emails directed towards me saying my uncle has passed away in s. africa and left me millions blah blah. I was born in Oregon have absolutely no family who has been to or would visit s africa, and i don't have uncles I have aunts. Anywhoo the lady is from sweet home she probably was the first in her town to get a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries

That's it!

X

No Longer Banned!
    Thumbs up Time for Jody Top Get Grody ?....
    Jody

I get thousands of these mails a year. I make lots of purchases online and these guys are obviously selling me out to a mail list.

They know my last name and the whole bit. The one flaw though is that all my lost ancesters seem to be african or arabic. Strange. I'm not african.

Often the more you respond to these jokers the more the spam increases. This is esp. a negative if you run your own server.

Best to block the monkeys and move on. ~ Right after you send him all the money from a monopoly game.

Hope this helps.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

If I could, I would have the FBI set up a sting operation and if possible have the Nigerian Government involved. I know this is far-fetched but at least if the authorities were monitoring the Nigerian Scam they could at least find the domain provider and insist that they reveal the owners of the domain name. I wouldn't play games with someone who spends up to 14 hours a day of their time honing their skills on deceit. For all we know the Title 419 scammers may have inside connections with the Nigerian Government (It's the Conspiracy Theorist in me) so we really don't know how deep the deceit goes.
    [B][FONT=Verdana]Ian McKenzie | Affiliate Manager[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]212-777-7729[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][URL=http://www.tarsusmedia.com]Tarsus Media Network[/URL] [/FONT][/B]

ABW Ambassador
    People die because of these scams. Why even respond to the e-mails?

Oh I know people totally buy into these "lottery winners, gov. of nigeria, ur family has died scams, the reason I email them is simple, not to cause them harm but to tell them that this is old and maybe you should move on, you know with that sort of talent in the emailings minus it being spam, they could be kick az marketers and earn honest money, I am actually trying to sell them my How to make $12012.00 off of one sale ebook. Cost is only $12012.00. JK...
    And as far as putting anyone here in my home at risk, lets just say I am surrounded by good company.

The worst thing you can do is to respond to them. Do not try to reason with them or make them feel guilty or even threaten to turn them in. They don't care and they will not only spam you they will have loads of others just like them spamming you. Delete,delete, delete and hope that it will slack off eventually.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast